2017 RDL Conditions

snowdogs

Not much snow lost, from what I can tell. Tonight got about a half inch of snow. So we have sled lubrication and cooling. And importantly, I am thinking it looks like winter again and hopefully the trees will have snow stuck to the branches. So my best guess all will be good. Hope to get out riding tomorrow and will report back. Snow seems to be just winding down. 

mike

On 1/11/2017 at 6:08 PM, mikerider said:

Hi RR,       Hope to ride tomorrow, see what the weather dishes out. Really doesn't look like any snow was lost or very little. Would be great to see you and your riding buddies.

mike; 

Mike, we aborted south shore, ,we like the looks of north shore riding for this weekend, we will have to catch you the next run. Enjoy and get those trail reports out

Did a 170 mile loop today, went west and came back a more southerly loop. Conditions are very good. One to four inches of new snow everywhere, no icy patches.

Several trees/branches down across the trail from high winds on Wednesday. Probably only thing from perfect were a few trails were quite hard under the snow so in some areas a little more muscle to steer.  All trails extremely smooth. Met three sleds all day although saw quite a few sleds parked at club houses.

mike

Had a chance to finally head east today for the first time. First ten or so miles through all the fields the snow depth is very low but still good going. After about ten miles there is tons of snow everywhere. Trails were great, higher elevations down around Squatec had very serious snow depths.

Hardly any sled traffic over the past three days, almost eerie it is so quiet. But today when I passed by club houses they were full.

Met Mjordan this week. Said hi to Timbo. And a great evening of food and drink with Dave and Eddie with the beautiful Vallerie serving us dinner.

My phone does have a camera, I think. Wouldn't know how to send it after I took a picture.

Midwinter conditions, 800 miles so far and not one bump. "Picture" that in your mind! 

200 miles today, in before 2:30. Had lunch and coffee stop. 

Terry, how is life working in the big city today? Send a pic!!!

Take care,     mike

13 hours ago, SnowCrazed said:

Life in the big city today was spent figuring out where the red wire went mike... Just like snowmobiling, but completely different!

DSC01867.JPG

This is an easy one, obviously follow the yellow cross-over cable, it's plugged into two old non-mdix devices, replace the switches with newer ones that have a few 10GB fiber ports, uplink the two switches via the fiber, tadaa!

Or just say screw it and go WiFi!

LOL

GutZ

On 1/16/2017 at 8:48 PM, SnowCrazed said:

Life in the big city today was spent figuring out where the red wire went mike... Just like snowmobiling, but completely different!

DSC01867.JPG

Looks like the Russian map to the White House!   lol

Mike it's good to see you got some riding in, me and Masterblaster both bought season passes, headed up St Sabine this morning, maybe do the 547 loop. if you are up this way send a text. 207-713-7211 - Mike has an old VMAX4 and I have a red lumber wagon four tec == Steve :bc:

Hi Mike.  Great reading and glad you got the miles in.  The trails have been excellent this season.  I've been watching the groomer map and it is incredible how often the trails are getting manicured.  We are going up Thursday for a long weekend.  Hope to meet up with you later in February.

Jack & Sandi