2017 RDL Conditions

snowdogs

2 hours ago, mikerider said:

Well, found out I had no pull at the Universal. Beg as I tried and did try for two days, the place is full and them some. Was hoping to get spoiled at Holel Levesque but they are full with hockey and a wedding. Hope to eat at Levesque though.

I am at Days Inn which is where Trailblazer and crew are supposed to be tonight. Not bad but rooms are very small and old, and more than I pay at Universal. Hope to meet JG himself tonight but I believe he had a very high mile day scheduled today.

Trails again today were nothing short of awesome, heavier traffic but light compared to many other areas of the province. Love it when the trees are full of snow, looks more wintry.

Will be back at Universal tomorrow night and staying another eight nights.

While in Squatec today found another great restaurant. Take the trail into Squatec and actually its trail 35 that jumps onto a side road and neighborhood of houses. The trail is on the road for about a tenth of a mile. There is  a sign for the restaurant and a couple other businesses along this road, that sign is for the restaurant most of us eat at. One of the side roads, (Jacques Rd) goes down to a gas station (Esso) that I just recently learned of. All these side streets are usually snow covered and only a couple hundred yards long. At one end of the plowed road  #35 is Club Sportif, (not sure just what this club is, looks like a community hall).  The groomers are usually parked behind Club Sportif. Go around to the front of Club Sportiff down to the road, the the restaurant driveway is about a 40 foot ride along the road. Can't remember the restaurant name but it used to be a dive and then I think closed for a couple years. It has been completely remodeled and is now small and cozy and very nice. My hamburgers were very good and some of the bigger meals people were eating looked fantastic

mike

Mike sorry we missed you . Left RDL on Wednesday and did a tour to Squatec via 544/571 we broke trail the whole way (6 inches of fresh powder with flat groomed trails underneath)after we turned just past the club house on 85 on that little orange trail . Never ridden this area and will be back for sure ! We had lunch in Squatec at the other restaurant you mentioned. Very good too. After Squatec because there is only one trail the 35/548 was a little confusing because the  paper maps don't  say 35 , but the GPS does. Also when you cross the road you know you are on 35 because the map says you are but like us who have never been in the area ( and breaking trail again) there are no signs that say 35, and all the stakes are blue and the signs read 10 you start to second guess yourself . We continued on and never saw a single sled but got to to St Louis ha Ha . We stayed in Pohenegamook at Sane plein air . Nice cottages . If you have never stopped there try lunch sometime . The have great wings . Huge and meaty and a great sauce! One of the best I've ever had and I love wings!

Thanks Snowfarmer. I have heard very good things about Plein Air, its just too close to RDL, usually I am going through that area around 10:00 am or 3:00 pm so not meal time. Looks like a nice place. I usually stop for coffee at the club at Pohenegamook, the ladies that work there mother me to death and I love it. 

mike

Hi Terry.  brought a camera this time, Brandan has been pushing me too hard to stop and take pictures. 

Trail report:  We take a left, if is perfect, we turn right, it is perfect, we go straight, it is perfect..

Said Hi to Groomer tonight in Amqui, and spoke to Northbound and his wife.

We ate lunch at place  you and I ate, lodge on lake below Rimouski,  nice dog is still there. 

mike

8 hours ago, mikerider said:

Will probably be there til Monday, then return the following Saturday night Feb 25, but may take off for the Gaspe.

mike

Thanks guys , I'm scheduled to come up Sunday for 5-6 days although my fellow rider had to cancel trip,  so just looking to cruise around , I have new  850 with 100 mi I need to get it going   

Jagman,  if its this weekend/Sunday you are coming up, I will probably be there til Monday morning. Then hopefully back up following Saturday night. Trails are awesome.

240 miles today.

420, see you in two days, look foward to it as always. Have a great week.

mike

Jagman,    I would not cancel if it is this weekend. Conditions are too good. I ride alone in this area about 50% of the time. Lots of club houses and road crossings. I replied to your message but did not realize you were coming this week and not next. Go for it.

mike

12 hours ago, revct1 said:

A change of plans.  The forecast is for warmer temperatures this weekend.  We are re-scheduling our trip to the following weekend of March 4, 2017.

Jack & Sandi

We're headed up on March 4 also.  Starting at the Universel.   Four of us are doing a week tour of the Gaspe, our 7th trip of the region.   We'll look for you.   I'm loving my Tek Vest.   

Pam and Russ

On 2/22/2017 at 5:36 AM, Grampsledder said:

We're headed up on March 4 also.  Starting at the Universel.   Four of us are doing a week tour of the Gaspe, our 7th trip of the region.   We'll look for you.   I'm loving my Tek Vest.   

Pam and Russ

We will also be there March 4th, maybe we will bump into each other, maybe Jack & Sandi will be there! 

15 hours ago, revct1 said:

Hope to see everyone.  We should arrive Friday night and we are doing day trips out of the Universal.  We are riding Sat, Sun and Mon.  Then trucking home Tue Mar 7th.  See you there.

Jack & Sandi

Great, we plan to be there Saturday 4th in the late afternoon, cant wait!!

12 hours ago, mikerider said:

I am heading up in two days (Sunday). Hope to see many of you. Really hope there is riding!

mike

Hi Mike.  Are you doing the Gaspe?  If so, will you be back when we are at the Universal March 4th thru the 6th?  Hope to see you.

Jack & Sandi

15 hours ago, neksledr said:

Hey Jack- Molly and I are headed to the Universal either Sun or Mon night. That will be our starting point for a Gaspe loop. Hoping the conditions straighten out before then! We'll be looking for you!        Terry

Hi Terry & Molly.  You are starting your Gaspe loop this Sunday Feb 26th.  Are you guys hooking up with MikeRider?  So many people it is getting hard to track who is going where, when and with whom!  I hope we don't miss anyone.

Jack & Sandi

Hi Jack. I am planning to stay about nine days  the if riding is good. My friend had to cancel so no Gaspe, other friends will be there a few days so looking forward to day rides.

Hope to see you and Sandi.

Neksldr:  Suppose Levesque Hotel still has some of those Sexy Wine Bombs?

mike