Trail Conditions

Saguenay Bill

Hi all QR Members

JD and I arrived here in Paradise yesterday.  All kinds of weather driving91. no  up.  When we hit VT it was snowing lightly on  91.  When we hit 11 mile hill, mile marker 139 to 150 it was snowing very hard.  Got to Barton, no snow.  Got to border and it was a whiteout for about 3 miles, then sunshine.  The roads from QC to L Etape where very slippery.  Mostly packed snow, it was -8F.  Once past L Etape roads were decent.  Today I unload truck and trailer, got sleds out of trailer, dropped trailer and went to Wally World for a pair of slippers as I left mine home.  Wally World was packed.  Then when and got truck washed.  Waited 1 hour for that as there were 10 cars ahead of me.  Will get out riding tomorrow.  Lots of snow here and all trails are open except the crossing at St Charles which was suppose to be open.  I'll find out why, but probably a land owner issue.

Saguenay snow.jpg

Bill

Bill,

Looking forward to your reports!

schooter

4 hours ago, Saguenay Bill said:

Hi all QR Members

JD and I arrived here in Paradise yesterday.  All kinds of weather driving91. no  up.  When we hit VT it was snowing lightly on  91.  When we hit 11 mile hill, mile marker 139 to 150 it was snowing very hard.  Got to Barton, no snow.  Got to border and it was a whiteout for about 3 miles, then sunshine.  The roads from QC to L Etape where very slippery.  Mostly packed snow, it was -8F.  Once past L Etape roads were decent.  Today I unload truck and trailer, got sleds out of trailer, dropped trailer and went to Wally World for a pair of slippers as I left mine home.  Wally World was packed.  Then when and got truck washed.  Waited 1 hour for that as there were 10 cars ahead of me.  Will get out riding tomorrow.  Lots of snow here and all trails are open except the crossing at St Charles which was suppose to be open.  I'll find out why, but probably a land owner issue.

Saguenay snow.jpg

Bill

Glad to hear you are safe and sound!!!

19 hours ago, Saguenay Bill said:

Hi all QR Members

...Today I unload truck and trailer, got sleds out of trailer, dropped trailer...

Saguenay snow.jpg

Bill

Nice!  

Just guessing here: It's no coincidence that they save that room with the bird's-eye view for you?

Enjoy!

Very cold here today.  High temp was 0F.  Left the Delta at 10AM.  Took 383, past ski hill in town, stopped at Spence's.  Charlie and Cliff were there as Cliff had one of the special secrews for the manual reverse backed out so he had no reverse.  About 11:30 we left Spence's and rode to Ski Bee Doo for lunch.  We took 383, the new trail to the St Charles crossing is open, groomed and marked.  Continued on 383 to 83/383 and then took 383 to 23 to SBD, which was packed  After lunch took 23 to 93 to 367 back to the Delta.  First day we did 100 miles.  Trails were good for a Sat afternoon.

Today 182Ray and I took the new trail, local 1, off 383 that took us to the Saguenay River and over to St Charles.  The last mile is a goat path down to the River but very dooable .  The temp was -22F at 7 AM,  It was -15F at  12 noon.  Had coffee  at Relais du Lac and lunch at  Mont Vilian.  We then came back 367 to 83 to the pickle park trail.  There were a couple of guys out trolling in the park.

What a great cup of hot chocolate at Mont Vilain

Snowmobiling 2017.jpg

• ckf unpinned this topic