Trail Conditions

Saguenay Bill

Glad to see you are back in the saddle again. Met you at the Syracuse snowmobile show a few years back....but haven't had the privilege of riding with you yet. A friend and I may be up in middle of February so maybe then?

Spent today getting my sled accident squared away.  Insurance company is sending me a check and I sold the wrecked sled to a salvage company in Alma.  Now I have a nice sum of money towards a new one.  Thanks to Daniel for his help.  If it wasn't for him it would have taken me 3 days to get it done but with him 1 day was enough.

Today was a IB Day.   Cold, low of 0F, high of +6F, blueberry skies and great trails.

IB day is as follows:

"Blue skies smiling at me nothin but Blue skies do I see
Never so the sun shining so bright, never so things going so right
Never so the days hurrying by when you in the Saguenay  may how the fly".

Had lunch at the best place in town, Truck Stop.  Then stopped at Relais du Lac for a hot chocolate 
back at 4Pm with 180 miles for the day.

7 hours ago, Phil 1 said:

Probably an Arctic Cat...:rolleyes:

Now Phil you know better than that.  I remember you on a rental 660, non turbo, that you had on the door handles one afternoon.  Do you remember or do you want to forget it never happened.  Bet BJ was never told about that.

This morning up until about 2PM was a spitting image of yesterday, cold, -10F up to -2F, blueberry skies and great trails.  Then around 2 the clouds came in.  Rode down to St Rose of the North, lunch at Tourelle du Fjord and then back to the Delta.

St Rose

20150128_144922.jpg

2 hours ago, Saguenay Bill said:

Now Phil you know better than that.  I remember you on a rental 660, non turbo, that you had on the door handles one afternoon.  Do you remember or do you want to forget it never happened.  Bet BJ was never told about that.

Remember it well, spent the next day between the tub and the bed sore as hell. BJ most likely heard about it we spend a lot of time behind glass. I was pretty sure you will be riding a Doo but  W T H just having some fun.

34 minutes ago, Phil 1 said:

Remember it well, spent the next day between the tub and the bed sore as hell. BJ most likely heard about it we spend a lot of time behind glass. I was pretty sure you will be riding a Doo but  W T H just having some fun.

Only way to go. ...Having fun. That's what life should be

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 4:44 PM, Saguenay Bill said:

This morning up until about 2PM was a spitting image of yesterday, cold, -10F up to -2F, blueberry skies and great trails.  Then around 2 the clouds came in.  Rode down to St Rose of the North, lunch at Tourelle du Fjord and then back to the Delta.

St Rose

20150128_144922.jpg

Hi Bill is this a view from 383???

Hey Bill me and my father are coming up to the area from PA on Monday for a week and staying at the delta. I'm hoping I can pick your brain a little about good loops to take and any scenic trials or good restaurants to hit hopefully we I get there we could chat for a bit! Also I would really like to ride to the peaks in MT.Valin area is that do able from the delta? I appreciate any help and look forward to meeting you weather looks great up there and more snow coming it seems, can't wait!

Looks like next week will be a week of Pennsylvania riders.  MXZ700Rider and I will also be arriving on Monday and staying for the week.  Bill, we are also hoping to meet with you and possibly do a few ride-alongs on your excursions.  See you next week.

19 hours ago, Padragon800 said:

Hey Bill me and my father are coming up to the area from PA on Monday for a week and staying at the delta. I'm hoping I can pick your brain a little about good loops to take and any scenic trials or good restaurants to hit hopefully we I get there we could chat for a bit! Also I would really like to ride to the peaks in MT.Valin area is that do able from the delta? I appreciate any help and look forward to meeting you weather looks great up there and more snow coming it seems, can't wait!

peaks are very do able.  I can help you with loops and the good restaurants.

Looks like one set of PA riders to another, We will be showing up on Friday the 17th.

Schooter

• ckf unpinned this topic