Trail Conditions

Saguenay Bill

Yesterday was a wIld wooly day here.  At 1 AM snow and high winds, 30 to 45 mph, moved in.  Was suppose to last into late afternoon but about noon time both moved on.  Went for a short ride in the afternoon.  Fields were drifty and of course bumpy but met two groomers so by today things should be back to normal. -8F now and warming up to 0F.

Bill,

Bob and I are looking at coming back up in March. Depending on schedules we are looking at the one of the last 2 weeks in March. What are your thoughts on what conditions will be like? should we shoot for one week or the other, or will it not mater to much.

Storm is slowly finishing up down here with somewhere around 12-16". extended forcast calling for more on Saturday and possibly another big one Sunday into Monday. 

Mark

4 hours ago, Shadogang said:

Bill,

Bob and I are looking at coming back up in March. Depending on schedules we are looking at the one of the last 2 weeks in March. What are your thoughts on what conditions will be like? should we shoot for one week or the other, or will it not mater to much.

Storm is slowly finishing up down here with somewhere around 12-16". extended forcast calling for more on Saturday and possibly another big one Sunday into Monday. 

Mark

Mark

That is very hard to predicted.  I've seen it both ways.

Bill

When we left this morning it was -7F at the hotel.  When we got to the potato field it was -14F. Rode 383 o 367 to 134 then onto 93 and back on 367.  Took local 482 to 484 to Mont Vilian for lunch.  Then took the shortest way back to hotel as todays high temp was -1F.  Great trails.

Hey Bill just arrived at the delta this afternoon from PA. Seems like an awesome place and the rooms are excellent very impressed! Was hoping at some point to meet up and pick your brain a bit about the area and trails. Let me know I would really appreciate your knowledge to maximize my time here. Thanks a ton! 

my cell is 1-717-475-3698 if you want that or just reply and I'll check. 

Just another beautiful day here in Paradise today.  Started out this morning everything was great til we hit 52 miles.  The Red Rocker was no where in sight.  Went back 1/4 miles, hood up, not good.  Had to call Dannydoo to rescue the Red Rocker.  "Dannydoo to the rescue".  Back in my day there was song "Jim Dandy to the rescue".  We continued on and had lunch at Mont Vilian.  Super trails all day.

On 1/9/2017 at 8:40 PM, Saguenay Bill said:

As promised in my post 1 hour ago.  I came upon this scene at the 23-83 split down near Lac Vert.  Can anyone guess who just put their new 850, with less than 200 miles on it in the bushes?   I was told, by the owner of the sled,"gee I was only going about 10 mph, I don't understand how this happened".  Upon doing an accident  investigation of the accident scene, I saw where the right ski was on the edge of the trail for over 100 feet which IMO indicated that there was more to this story than I was being told.  A  sobriety test was conducted on scene and it was determined that the rider was sober.  So it was then determined that it was a case of the rider riding over his head.   Who do you think it was?

Ray in the bushes.jpg

MY mother always told me patience is a virtue...& revenge is a dish best served cold

IMG_6163.JPG

On 1/9/2017 at 8:40 PM, Saguenay Bill said:

As promised in my post 1 hour ago.  I came upon this scene at the 23-83 split down near Lac Vert.  Can anyone guess who just put their new 850, with less than 200 miles on it in the bushes?   I was told, by the owner of the sled,"gee I was only going about 10 mph, I don't understand how this happened".  Upon doing an accident  investigation of the accident scene, I saw where the right ski was on the edge of the trail for over 100 feet which IMO indicated that there was more to this story than I was being told.  A  sobriety test was conducted on scene and it was determined that the rider was sober.  So it was then determined that it was a case of the rider riding over his head.   Who do you think it was?

Ray in the bushes.jpg

MY mother always told me patience is a virtue...& revenge is a dish best served cold

Today Ginger and I did the tour du lac

blueberry skies & fresh groomed trails doesn't get better than that 

the stop at Bilodeau didn't cost anything just window shopping 

the breakfast stop was Chalets & Spa Lac Saint Jean in Chambord right before you get on the Lac

we met Patricia at the Syracuse snowmobile show I definitely wanted to stop in & see the place it's very nice 

lunch was Vauvert another nice place 

IMG_6204.PNG

IMG_6205.PNG

IMG_6206.PNG

IMG_6207.PNG

IMG_6208.PNG

IMG_6210.PNG

IMG_6211.PNG

IMG_6213.PNG

10 hours ago, 182ray said:

IMG_6185.thumb.PNG.0121b19fcc7455d30751b913c32e820d.PNG

IMG_6189.PNG

IMG_6191.PNG

IMG_6192.PNG

These are pictures from the Snowmobilers Appreciation cocktail 2 hour affair that the Delta put on this past Wednesday evening.  Does the hotel you are staying at do this for you?  If not you might want to reconsider where you are staying and make a change where you are truly appreciated.

We weren't sure about our decision to sit down at 5:30 for an 1.5 hour dinner but it paid off when we had fresh groomed trails from L Anse St Jean to 383/83 intersection 😊

This was Ginger's first ferry boat ride while snowmobiling & she really enjoyed it 

FYI an 850 etec can go from KM 31 to Petit Saguenay with out a fill up in between 

IMG_6229.PNG

IMG_6230.PNG

IMG_6231.PNG

IMG_6232.PNG

IMG_6233.PNG

IMG_6234.PNG

• ckf unpinned this topic