Trail Conditions

Saguenay Bill

Yesterday Daniel, Collect, Ginger, 182I had a great ride.  Crossed over bridges got on 328 west thru Begin and Labreque to Alam and then to St Bruno for lunch at the Marchant Restaurant.  Very nice and clean place and good food at a reasonable price.  Then came back 383.  

Last night I was talking to my friend Bernard, who is in charge of the St Felix section.  The gas in Ferland is credit card  only, no cash..  Too many guys were gasing up and then taking off with out paying. 

Check the lock on that parking lot gate was there two weeks ago and it would open if you pulled hard on it. Told the front desk but was still like that when we left two days later.

1 hour ago, 182ray said:

No measurable rain high of about 36f today the trails we rode were excellent 

will we see you guys Saturday?

Small potential

plan now is to ride half day sat and stay in lac eduardo...

That would put us to km 31 or forestville on night 2

but plan could change 

would love to see the gang

Lock was frozen.  I took it inside for 1/2 hour.  Fixed.  This morning it rained very lightly for about an hour.  182 and I rode down 383 towards Ferland.  About 7 miles from Ferland a new trail has been made right into Ferland.  Most of the twisty trails have been removed.  Ferland will have gas available from 8:30 til 10PM with the Credit Card.  Had lunch at Ferland and then rode down to the jct of 383 and 83.  Came back on 83.  Trails were very good to good.  Closer to the city the trails not as good but still rideable.

Ray,

Is that what he thinks of that sled?

Ok since I'm sure my "buddy" won't report this but today was uneventful no off trail excursions no bird doo doo just fantastic trails

and in case anyone is wondering in my humble opinion Ski Doo has hit a home run with the 850 & Gen 4...freight trains pale in comparison to the way this thing pulls

I've just about have it dialed in for handling & bumps trail 83 from the frog was a bumped up today & this thing just drove through everything like it wasn't there

well done Valcourt! 👍

On 1/7/2017 at 5:04 PM, Saguenay Bill said:

Very cold here today.  High temp was 0F.  Left the Delta at 10AM.  Took 383, past ski hill in town, stopped at Spence's.  Charlie and Cliff were there as Cliff had one of the special secrews for the manual reverse backed out so he had no reverse.  About 11:30 we left Spence's and rode to Ski Bee Doo for lunch.  We took 383, the new trail to the St Charles crossing is open, groomed and marked.  Continued on 383 to 83/383 and then took 383 to 23 to SBD, which was packed  After lunch took 23 to 93 to 367 back to the Delta.  First day we did 100 miles.  Trails were good for a Sat afternoon.

The Saguenay club grooms their part of it Friday night/Sat. Can't say when the  Charlevoix does their part. But it's a road so usually not too bad

• ckf unpinned this topic