• One set of riding clothes
  • One set of evening clothes with an extra sweater
  • Zip lock freezer bags for undies and socks
  • Spare zip lock for the dirty ones
  • Thick garbage bag to put all your clothes in
  • Copies of required paper work in a zip lock
  • Spare gas
  • A big hunting knife
  • Cell phone with a12 volt charger for the sled and 120 volt plug for the room
  • Must have a 12 volt receiver plug installed on sled
  • A written itinerary with phone numbers and addresses for your wife
  • An empty credit card and lots of cash

You never know when you may need help with your glasses 

On January 8, 2017 at 1:56 PM, Trailblazer said:
  • Duct tape
  • Tie wraps
  • Electrical tape
  • Sewing kit
  • Paper maps
  • GPS
  • Basic tool kit
  • Tow rope
  • Bungies
  • Spare gloves
  • Hat
  • Folding buck saw
  • Tylanol/Aleve
  • Isopropyl
  • Wire
  • Booster pack
  • Flashlight
  • Set of reading glasses
  • Undies and socks for each day
  • One set of riding clothes
  • One set of evening clothes with an extra sweater
  • Zip lock freezer bags for undies and socks
  • Spare zip lock for the dirty ones
  • Thick garbage bag to put all your clothes in
  • Copies of required paper work in a zip lock
  • Spare gas
  • A big hunting knife
  • Cell phone with a12 volt charger for the sled and 120 volt plug for the room
  • Must have a 12 volt receiver plug installed on sled
  • A written itinerary with phone numbers and addresses for your wife
  • An empty credit card and lots of cash

Also newspapers and a lighter packed in a heavy zip lock to start a fire.

An alternative to paper and a lighter if you're really in a bind, wrap a sock around a tree branch dip in your gas tank then pull a spark plug and turn the engine over eh voila fire! Then burn your paper maps or your note pad.

Thanks to everyone that has responded to this post.

Definitely some items on your lists I haven't thought of.

My teenage daughters get real pleasure dragging me to the drug store to buy them tampons. I think they even buy the SPORTS model so should be good to go.

They will have a good laugh when I tell them I need a couple.  The guys I ride with will be scratching their head when I send them their list of must have items.

Steve

Yes 

I don't think I ever bought them for my wife.

and have not lived it down when I purchases a box and she found them in the sled shed!

i had to do some explaining 

48 minutes ago, slimjim2525 said:

A Yamaha to make sure you get where you're going. 

I have a Yamaha Viper, the other 4 usually ride with all have ski-doos.

Not fun on the -30 C morning when my Yamaha won't start because of a simple fuel relay while buddies are all geared up ready to roll. If the Fuse box was accessible wouldn't be big deal to throw a warm relay in. Some genius engineer put the fuse box under a hood that is a major pain to remove in a warm shop. 

15 minutes ago, Fuse6 said:

Not fun on the -30 C morning when my Yamaha won't start because of a simple fuel relay while buddies are all geared up ready to roll. If the Fuse box was accessible wouldn't be big deal to throw a warm relay in. Some genius engineer put the fuse box under a hood that is a major pain to remove in a warm shop. 

There is a fuse relocator product you can get to help with this. 

On 1/8/2017 at 9:50 PM, timberman said:

Don't forget a pair of light running shoes or slippers for padding around the pourvoirie.  

Ive got a pair of rubber bottom slippers that have been all over Quebec, I forget the brand name, but if they could talk I would have to burn them.

Edited by 800steve

I realize many of you live further away than I do, but my number one thing to pack is my own truck. Be it saddlebagging or day trips, if I get sick, family emergency, breakdowns, etc., I can hitch a ride, bus or whatever back to the truck and go home without ruining anyone's vacation, or, if buddies have problem, I can stay and keep riding.

mike

On 1/10/2017 at 9:57 PM, Fuse6 said:

They didn't fix the relay issue yet? The 2006 Apex had that issue, i figured it was resolved by now but still an issue with the Viper?

23 hours ago, gizz said:

They didn't fix the relay issue yet? The 2006 Apex had that issue, i figured it was resolved by now but still an issue with the Viper?

Isn't the fuel relay on the left side, just above the foot well? The RED relay resolved the issue but if you turn your key and are hearing the fuel pump pressurize the fuel regulator, the relay it is NOT the reason you have a no start.

There is good information from this thread. It is always interesting to see what others carry.

I also carry a GPS  emergency messenger device. For those that have a satellite phone wouldn't necessarily need this. It can be used for any emergency situation, whether it is your group or another group.

http://www.findmespot.com/en/

I am not aware of any relay problems on the newer sleds. My last sled was an '09 Apex GT and never had a relay issue in 15,000 miles and my current sled is a 2016 Apex XTX and no problems with that either. Now I have been on a trip that it did not want to start but it was -54 in Chibougamau so I won't blame the relay. I managed to get it plugged in then and after a 1/2 hr. she fired right up

On 1/7/2017 at 10:19 PM, M21 Local said:

Hey guys 

I just wanted to voice my opinon on 3 things that you should really pack in your bags:

FIRST

isopropyl alcohol ( Rubbing alcohol)- it does double duty-if someone  gets hurt, you can desinfect

-if you hit bad gas ( with water in it) it will act as a water/moisture remover just as gas line anti freeze ( good for 2-4 strokes carburated or injectected and diesel)

On the alcohol, make sure it's 100% and not the 70% watered down stuff typically available at a pharmacy.   Wouldn't recommendusing the stuff from a gas station as there might be a few additives in it.

While at the pharmacy,  pick up a something to handle the human equivalent of the bad gas.  Don't ask how I know this...

If you plan on using your ATM card make sure it's been activated...I've seen an ATM confiscate a card that wasn't activated...right Mikey...lol

Also set travel alerts for credit/ATM cards with your bank some allow you to do it online others you have to call it in