Exploring new ground.

iceman

22 minutes ago, Pipeman said:

Awesome pics and muscling through the deep, I would have made the Gade lead since it's a "bit" lighter in the front....❄️☃️

I have a hard time giving it up. I like the point. 

3 minutes ago, snowfarmer said:

Love Windigo ,great atmosphere and good food. I'm sure the fox will be around in the morning . Nice report Iceman

She said the Fox has been a no show past 2 days.

19 hours ago, Pipeman said:

Awesome pics and muscling through the deep, I would have made the Gade lead since it's a "bit" lighter in the front....❄️☃️

18 hours ago, iceman said:

I have a hard time giving it up. I like the point. 

Iceman, you must have recharged your batteries over the summer because I would have bet you had your fill of breaking trail after "the North Shore Adventure" last year (?) LOL

Day 6

woke to just a dusting of new snow at Windigo. Great news as they have plenty. After a great breakfast we say our goodbyes for now and head out. Windy and cold is back. We hammer back o 83 to Relais 22 went by fast first 40km down in 25 minutes. We top off at 22 and meet Martin one of the new owners of 22 we met Christine yesterday now we het to meet her husband. Nice people very welcoming and we need to support them. 

Onward south on 73 the trail is broken so we are rolling nicely. I must say that honestly this is not one of my favorite trails. I find it very twisty and just has a strange flow to it that is hard to find a rhythm if you get my drift. Anyway I guess it is starting to grow on me as we are moving along at a good pace. It's pretty much just a sled and a half wide but we are rolling. I do love the run into Rapid Blanc that is just crazy fast. 

We arrive at Rapid Blanc

DSC04748.JPG

DSC04749.JPG

DSC04750.JPGDSC04751.JPG

we continue on and about 50 km from La Tuque there is hardly no snow in trees and trail is much harder. Obviously much more rain here, still ok to ride for sure just a different feel under the machine. Much firmer.  Down to La Tuque and we have passed no one. 

We arrive at bridge in La Tuque

DSC04756.JPG

DSC04753.JPGDSC04754.JPGDSC04755.JPG

Then up to the waterfall what wait some groomer action here in town.

DSC04757.JPGDSC04758.JPG 

We continue to get gas in La Tuque. Top off gas and we are off. Now for the most important stop of the day. We are back in civilization and need some "Jack" we have been suffering withdrawals since Gouin and had to drink Molson Ex last night.  Next stop. SAQ La Tuque, parking right in front, sweet. 

DSC04759.JPGDSC04760.JPG

First the famous crossing light

DSC04761.JPG

We leave La Tuque on 73 and we quicky are hammering 73 south it's fast and we arrive at 355 and there is this sign....

DSC04762.JPG

Up to Relais Trapper and Down on LT2 which is bumped up. But on the right is a nice smooth place cause no one rides as far right as us. On down back to 73, the groomer has been here pobably just before the rain by the looks of it. Its ok we love it. I give up the point to Snohorse and he is off stretching his legs. He is hammering and I am giving chase. I stop to take care of business. Then continue on. I saw something on thr right, to me it looked like a wallet and I slowed but did not go back. Well turns out I should have. A couple KM further and here come Snohorse headed north, he hits the coms button and tells me I lost my GPS. Well now i know what i saw back there. I tell him its not far back on the right. I turn to follow and help in the search. Sure enough it was what I saw. Turns out a low hanging tree wacked his windshield and knocked it loose from his cradle on the Enduro. Lucky. But not un-scarred as luckily it was face down in trail when I ran over it scarring it on the back with my ice ripper track. We retrieve tge GPS and continue on. Now it's been forever since i rode this trail. I know the Relais Marmite was closed but did not know it was gone from the earth. 

DSC04765.JPG

On we go to Rivere a' Pierre. We gas up and head back up 73 north. We will take the local trail back to 23. I've never run this trail, been by it a hundred times. Today is the day. Plus the groomer went this way as the railbed 73 was not groomed freh like this was. Nice local trail but tight and very very twisty. A couple close calls with some oncoming sleds. I have had enough. Once for this trail will be all. Not again. 

About 10 km from junction with 23 we find the groomer. He is javing a bad day at the office. Apparently he was trying to bust through the snowbank but it was pretty frozen and took a toll on his hydraulic cylinder for his bull. He was bleeding and broken.

DSC04766.JPGDSC04767.JPGDSC04768.JPGDSC04770.JPGDSC04771.JPGDSC04772.JPGDSC04773.JPG

back to 23 and on into St. Raymond my first ride over the "new" bridge. I aint been here in a long time. Wow Roquemont has really changed. 

Wicked cold if you ask me. Cold is back. 

228 miles today. Sweet. 

Back to Relais Ice tmmrw. Homeward bound.

St. Raymond my first ride over the "new" bridge. I aint been here in a long time. Wow Roquemont has really changed. 

The new Bridge is cool, the Roquemont is very different and very nice. Some of the Micro brews are even good. Thanks for the report.

The End.....for now. 

Out of Roquemont early by our standards 8:30. Want to run back to Chez Ice before it gets crazy. Well so much for that. 12 KM up 73 on the way to 353. I get the call from Snohorse. Sleds down. I swing around and balst back to him. He was taking it fairly easy and just went to switch from standard mode to sport and it cut out and died. Despite all attempts at recussetation, we had to come to grips with the facts. The 1200 enduro would be getting it's first tow from the Apex. Hook him up and back we go straight to Dion Moto. Ski Doo in St Ray. I'm dreading this more than a dentist visit. They are notorious for never really helping out. Especially this being Saturday. We get there and I first smooth talk the sleds way into the heated shop, it's a start. They say only one mechanic and his is busy for at least 1.5 hrs maybe 2 hrs. Ok we will wait what else can we do? Finally the service guy says oh not thinking we can do anything today. I am not accepting this. I find tge big boss and have a nice friendly conversation with him I am all but begging for them to please at least plug in computer to check for a code. He says he will see what he can do. 

To be continued....

41 minutes ago, iceman said:

The End.....for now. 

Out of Roquemont early by our standards 8:30. Want to run back to Chez Ice before it gets crazy. Well so much for that. 12 KM up 73 on the way to 353. I get the call from Snohorse. Sleds down. I swing around and balst back to him. He was taking it fairly easy and just went to switch from standard mode to sport and it cut out and died. Despite all attempts at recussetation, we had to come to grips with the facts. The 1200 enduro would be getting it's first tow from the Apex. Hook him up and back we go straight to Dion Moto. Ski Doo in St Ray. I'm dreading this more than a dentist visit. They are notorious for never really helping out. Especially this being Saturday. We get there and I first smooth talk the sleds way into the heated shop, it's a start. They say only one mechanic and his is busy for at least 1.5 hrs maybe 2 hrs. Ok we will wait what else can we do? Finally the service guy says oh not thinking we can do anything today. I am not accepting this. I find tge big boss and have a nice friendly conversation with him I am all but begging for them to please at least plug in computer to check for a code. He says he will see what he can do. 

To be continued....

That stinks .....good luck 

continued.....

So about 11am they finally put her on the operating table. He hooks up computer and is showing a "TPS" fault. Throttle Position Sensor. Great. Well not so fast. He resets that. Still a no start. Big backfire. Hmmm. Well he changes plugs. Nope not that. Checks fuel pressure it is fine. Now he hooks back up computer. Showing no faults, no codes. Just will not start. Cranks but no fire. Now it's creeping on noon and everyone here will disappear faster than cake at a fat boys birthday party come noon closing. We know this and it's not looking good. Now we have a meeting of the minds around the sled, us two, mechanic, parts guy, helper, and big boss who got us in here. They are stumped. Anyway time runs out. They say that's it for today. Game over. 

Now I made a crucial error early on in this instance. I realize it now. I should of got him set up at Dion there and made like the Wind for Shawinigan. While it was still early. If they got him going he could simply call house or text me and I would know i do not need come to get him in St Ray. If not then i make the run to get him. Easy. But now my waiting here means it's now 12:15 on Saturday and i will pay the price getting back as i must pass 100 sleds easy. I catch group after group and I am on a mission. I make it back in just about 3 hrs. So really not terrible time. Bad news is my car is entombed in snow like concrete. I had to put it in heated garage just to get it to loosen up enough to get going on the road back to St Ray. Leave here around 4:15 there by 6:30 to Roquemont they gave him a ride to there to wait for me. Back here by 8:30. 

Sled will be investigated and fixed there. I will go get it after my trip this week. They are not sure something electrical they think. Maybe the stator. We shall see. 

Trails were not bad except for traffic. Pretty smooth. Yes hard and frozen but not bad big time snow dust. 

A good run and could have been worse at least we were near civilization. Not at Barrage Gouin or Wemontachie. 

Monday to LSJ. 

I got just over 1400 miles for this run. 

Sorry to hear it end like that . Just like our trip with Richards sled breaking down on the last day. One thing about those breakdowns at least it was close to town and not way out in the boonies where  you would of had a long pull or trailer back to civilization . The weather held out and your off again.

32 minutes ago, Teet F8SP said:

Try the fuel pump, it may say it has enough pressure but my sled had similar issue and fuel pump would not get to the right pressure to spray the fuel through the rail..

It's in the hands of BRP Dion Moto St. Raymond. They are the Ski Doo shop. That's what they get paid to do. But i do appreciate the recommendation.

when i get news from them i will let you all know what it was. For sure.

alot of 1200's out there. 

3 minutes ago, VTrider said:

Iceman....   any update on the issue with the 1200 Enduro?

No call yet. When I know it will be here. They were jammed with work. Plus, they know he is not coming back up yet so the sled is low on the priority list for them right now. 

For sure I will let you all know

1200 Enduro update

it's fixed

was broken Valve Spring and they said it twisted the valve. 

Had to pull head to replace valve. No damage to head or piston they say. 4000 miles on it.