Exploring new ground.

iceman

8 minutes ago, markusvt said:

Any chance he had a previous indecent breaking the air-box?

? Not sure what u mean? But no problems whatsoever before this. 

7 minutes ago, markusvt said:

We have seen stuff get sucked into the intake and cause valve spring issues.  Odd out of the blue, but stuff happens.

Interesting, but no hits to this sled. 

14 hours ago, markusvt said:

We have seen stuff get sucked into the intake and cause valve spring issues.  Odd out of the blue, but stuff happens.

I can see valve damage from things getting sucked in but not spring failure? - unless by having the valve remain partly open and allowing heat damage to the valve stem, and failure due to heat transfer to the spring?? Spring failure is generally a metallurgy issue; bad heat treat, bad steel formulation, or asking it to perform outside specs. If he ever lost a belt and over-revved, that might have fractured the spring and set the failure timer. 

19 hours ago, iceman said:

1200 Enduro update

it's fixed

was broken Valve Spring and they said it twisted the valve. 

Had to pull head to replace valve. No damage to head or piston they say. 4000 miles on it. 

A freak thing one would think.

If the valve stayed open i would think the piston would hit it and the computer would shut it down quickly with the knock sensor alert.  Only my opinion. 

6 hours ago, vt_bluyamaha54 said:

I can see valve damage from things getting sucked in but not spring failure? - unless by having the valve remain partly open and allowing heat damage to the valve stem, and failure due to heat transfer to the spring?? Spring failure is generally a metallurgy issue; bad heat treat, bad steel formulation, or asking it to perform outside specs. If he ever lost a belt and over-revved, that might have fractured the spring and set the failure timer. 

Nope never blew belt ever in 4000 miles. 

9 hours ago, vt_bluyamaha54 said:

I would think more likely an overseas supplier for the spring and perhaps a Friday afternoon shift for the install. UNIONS!!!!!! Are for the incompetent.

22 hours ago, vt_bluyamaha54 said:

Spring failure is generally...asking it to perform outside specs...and over-revved...that might have fractured the spring and set the failure timer. 

Snowhorse rides as gentle as a lamb.  A LAMB THAT'S LATE TO FILE HIS TAXES!  :yahoo:

On 1/14/2017 at 10:50 PM, iceman said:

continued.....  12:15 on Saturday and i will pay the price getting back as i must pass 100 sleds easy. I catch group after group and I am on a mission. I make it back in just about 3 hrs. So really not terrible time.

Hey, was the 353 off the railbed open then? It was kinda closed when we went thru this Thursday. They had just installed a new bridge...

IMG_20170119_102754.jpgIMG_20170119_102758.jpg

On 1/12/2017 at 6:53 PM, iceman said:

Now a special message to all Team Iceman members not in QC at this time.....

"the rain in Spain falls mainly on the plains, and the man with the blue shoes is not who he appears to be." Over.

If there's a bustle in your hedgerow, don't be alarmed now