Tower at Mont St magloire

fredsleds

Hi,

Does anyone have a good route to take from Manoir Lac St William (near Thetford Mines) to the Tour de Mont St Magloire?

Any help in planning a day trip here would be appreciated.

Fred

Using http://fcmq.viaexplora.com/carte-motoneige/index.html (you can do this on your computer or smartphone) or iMotoneige app.

In the image I posted click on on the Services button top right.  Color coding indicating how recently which trails were groomed will guestimate the best conditions.  Sice there are multiple routes you can take to many places, aim for greens for most recent grooming.  

Actionjack, Jack and Sandi,

Thanks for the news about the app.  I have been on the FMCQ site many times and never noticed it on the top of the page.

It looks amazing.

I have been using a Garmin with a chip for the trails, this is going to be so much easier.  I have Ram mount for the GPS and will try to find a mount for my cell phone.

PS. any news how the rain is effecting the Chauderie trails?

Fred

I keep my phone in a warm pocket in my bibs.  I tried to use my iPhone as my primary GPS for awhile and in cold years there is no way.  The electrons get too slow even plugged in.  I pull my phone and iMotoneige out when my gut doesn't trust the dedicated GPS on the bars.  If trying to use your phone find a mounting solution that encloses the phone completely - preferably heated in some way.

I think Mikerider is parked in RDL now he may be getting reports from riders making the trek up if he isn't trekking down that way himself.

Sandi got a Garmin Zumo from Santa this year.  She has a Ski Doo Renegade.  We got the glove box extension and mounted the GPS there.  She loves it.  It is well protected, a little bit warm, in her line of sight and not in the way at all.

Jack & Sandi

Revx, I have not been able to do that, you can use the app on your phone or go to a program provider like Trak Maps, that make a chip or download program for the garmin with all Quebec trails.

There are several providers, I use the Trakmaps.com product

RR

3 minutes ago, Revxman68 said:

Can you download the map for a Garmin on the fmcq site?

No, but dig into this thread.

Trakmaps sells a map package that can be loaded.

There is also a free package from Tilou et Biscut.  Either one will be highly accurate but not perfect.