Season Opener 2017

Florida Snowman

4 hours ago, vt_bluyamaha54 said:

Another memorable trip Tom. Glad you + Jim made it back without injuries or other misadventures. Great pics and you had good weather and conditions overall. 

Hope to cross tracks again sometime soon. 

Hi

Edited by Florida Snowman

4 hours ago, vt_bluyamaha54 said:

Another memorable trip Tom. Glad you + Jim made it back without injuries or other misadventures. Great pics and you had good weather and conditions overall. 

Hope to cross tracks again sometime soon. 

Hi Ken.

We got very lucky with weather & trail conditions for sure.  I've been riding the week of Martin Luther King day for many years & it always seems to be excellent conditions.

Plan to be in the Gaspesie March 3-10.   Hope to see you then!

6 hours ago, iceman said:

Way to start it off Tom, nice run. You hit it just right. Nice!

Hey Don,

Sometimes timing is on your side.  We hit it great for sure. Sorry we missed you. 

When you heading out next?

I'm sure you're not gonna be out this weekend with the "free weekend" crowd eh?

7 hours ago, Florida Snowman said:

How are you enjoying your new sled JG?

Well it's like this Tom, Don is right, we all need a mistress. I love my Quebecois grunt and endurance but I sure do miss my Japanese $$$ich between my legs.

She's on the operating table as we speak, hoping to revive her.

Edited by Trailblazer

19 hours ago, Trailblazer said:

Well it's like this Tom, Don is right, we all need a mistress. I love my Quebecois grunt and endurance but I sure do miss my Japanese $$$ich between my legs.

She's on the operating table as we speak, hoping to revive her.

I like your thinking there JG!  A beautiful Québécois & a beautiful Japanese.  Which one should I ride today...................Hmmmmmmmmm.  

Good luck with your surgery!

Surgery complete, she's been revived and she's real tight! As tight as they can get, she's even got sass too. Just a simple twitch and she's at 10Gs on the rpm, pinch me please. Brap brap......

Need a new battery to turn that tight witch over then she'll be out for a test run.

IMG_4787.JPG

IMG_4788.JPG

First of all I'd like to thank everyone for not passing judgment before I got to post the facts.  Everybody makes mistakes, including Tom.  He missed a Chevron sign himself and blew off the trail 3 days after this incident.  It happens.  The decision was made to turn around; I would never, ever go on a recon mission 30 seconds after the decision was made by both of us to turn around.  Tom's sled was never buried.  I was leading with a 121 track.  He should have been leading with his 144, but that's my opinion.  My snowmobile will not move in 4' - 6' of powder as Tom said the Scandic did.  From where I went off trail is 30 feet, not 30 yards as Tom stated that he would have to walk.  Also, by looking at the picture, anyone can tell that it's not a 35 - 40 percent grade. Plus you can see that it's about 300 feet not 250 - 300 yards as Tom stated.  If he would have walked that 30 feet of powder, he would have saw me, but that didn't happen.  I understand that Tom has asthma and the best thing for him to do is turn tail and run for help, which he did and I am grateful.  I just wanted to state the facts and correct the inaccuracies of this thread and do a followup on my 2-1/2 hr. experience waiting for help.

20170114_160855__.jpg

Edited by Low Rider
wasn't done

1 minute ago, NSHM said:

Thats it? What about the 250 -300 yards over the crest of the hill not on the trail and then to the right out of sight and not being able to hear the whistle?:unknw:

There is no 250 - 300 yards, 30 feet over the top of that hill that I just posted a picture of is where the trail turns.  I guess I didn't hear the whistle because my helmet was on and I was breathing heavy trying to lift the back of my sled by myself.

4 minutes ago, Low Rider said:

There is no 250 - 300 yards, 30 feet over the top of that hill that I just posted a picture of is where the trail turns.  I guess I didn't hear the whistle because my helmet was on and I was breathing heavy trying to lift the back of my sled by myself.

Yup,you were stuck!Looks like you were turned around and trying to get back up the hill.I would love to hear him tell this story in a couple years at a bar some night.You would have been adopted by Eskimos for the winter after they found your near lifeless body and took you in.Is he also a fisherman? LOL

Glad no one was hurt and you got out safely.Nothing like working up a little sweat in riding gear.