Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts

Dynomite4224

Hey guys, heading up to St. Agathe for a couple days and never been there. Wondering if anyone had any suggestions for day rides around 150-200 miles. I guess is there any areas you recommend, sights , food , etc. any input would be appreciated! Thanks again for always helping out!!

Depending where you are in St Agathe it is a fair size town. I have not been there by sled in several years, both the town of St Adolph and a section of the petite train de Nord at st Faustin have been closed to snowmobiles cutting us off in the Tremblant lac des seizes Ile area from St Agathe but I do imagine sledding from there into st  Donat and beyond is still good. I'm sure others will know and a look at the map will show the closures I am talking about.

We just came back from there. Weekend ride, so only rode Sat and 1/2 day Sunday. Plenty of snow. LaCabanon is about 85 miles. We did St Michel. That's was about 100 from the hotel one way. La Glacier would put you in the 165 mile mark on an out and back. Sunday we went up to St Donat on 43,33 into town. Stopped at Timmy Ho's went over black mt and down 317. That was an 80 mile loop. You could take 33 over the top of St Donat and back down 317 and that would be around 100 or so. But you could ride around the area and get 150 miles pretty easy. Trails where decent over this weekend but get beat up badly sometimes. Good scenery though. Black mountain is worth the ride if you never did it. Montagne Noire. Lake Archaumbault is staked and good to go. A word of caution, 10 sleds where snagged from 3 trailers Sat night in the contant brp dealer parking lot. They left there trailers there Sat night and drove trucks back to hotel. I think they where at Super8 too. Not much room there for trucks and trailers as we discovered. we trailered to Contant BRP Sunday morning, and the cops where there along with the unhappy Ontario owners. Not a good scene. According to some locals we know in the area they are trying to get the trail to Tremblant opened up. Waiting for a signature from the transport minister I guess. 

Wow skippydoo, thanks a bunch for taking the time to write that. It's exactly what I was looking for. I've never been in this area before so I'll definitely check out black mountain. I'm going to map out exactly were you went. As for the thefts thank you for heads up. I do  take extra precautions to make it a lot harder to steal. 

17 hours ago, SkippyDoo said:

According to some locals we know in the area they are trying to get the trail to Tremblant opened up. Waiting for a signature from the transport minister I guess. 

The snowmobile club in the Tremblant area seems to think so too. They mentioned a while backsomething about the Ville de Tremblant putting aside money to help fund it. 

3 hours ago, Cnc said:

The snowmobile club in the Tremblant area seems to think so too. They mentioned a while backsomething about the Ville de Tremblant putting aside money to help fund it. 

Yeah I guess the money is all set.  They need a bridge put in ?? Just need the go ahead to get it done from the transport ministry  

1 hour ago, SkippyDoo said:

Yeah I guess the money is all set.  They need a bridge put in ?? Just need the go ahead to get it done from the transport ministry  

I honestly don't know any details, bridge over what? The first season  after the trail closure, we went to St Agathe via St Adolph and took the petit train de Nord from St Agathe to the closure at St Faustin. Not wanting to turn around we took the meadian up the 117 to where the trail started again near Tremblant. A little tricky  in places and at least 2 SQ cars passed not bothering us. It really was not that far took us maybe 15 minutes.