LSJ to Chibougamau

fredsleds

Is the any gas between these 2 areas, looks like about 150 miles?

FCMQ map didn't show any stations, but, it looks like the trail crosses a highway.

Thanks,

Fred

Hi Fred.  It has been a few years since we've rode to Chibougamau, 2012 to be exact.  Gas in La Dore and then it is about 170 miles to Chibougamau.  The saw mill was about half way and Relais du Nord was about 40 miles before Chibougamau.

The saw mill is closed but the gas pump was manned with limited hours for the last few years.  Relais du Nord was closed one year if I remember correctly.  I have put a BRP 15 liter aux tank on my sled this year.  The next time we go, I'll be sure we can make the 170 miles without a gas stop, just in case.

Jack & Sandi

On 2017-01-18 at 7:09 PM, Florida Snowman said:

Cash only at Scierie 54!  

Cash is good, fill what you need and pay.

I remember one year (2006 perhaps) we had to buy lots of 20 litres, we were 4 sleds some good on fuel some not. Ended up buying 3 lots of 20 litres, 2 sleds took the 20 the other 2 split the 20. Memories of Scerie 54.

1 hour ago, Carman said:

How much do they charge per litre and what are there hours of operation? 

If you have to ask then you shouldn't be riding, be very thankful there is a gas there for sale and support the purpose.

A buck what ever or 2 bucks what ever beats walking.

1 hour ago, Trailblazer said:

If you have to ask then you shouldn't be riding, be very thankful there is a gas there for sale and support the purpose.

A buck what ever or 2 bucks what ever beats walking.

Easy JG your gonna scare these guys away. LOL. 

2 hours ago, Carman said:

How much do they charge per litre and what are there hours of operation? 

Not sure how much per liter. Probably (just guessing) 20-40 cents more than at a reagular gas station. And only regular gas no super. 

For Hours i believe surely the attendant(caretaker) is there 24/7. Most people pass there during reasonable hours so all day long is not a problem. 

12 minutes ago, iceman said:

Easy JG your gonna scare these guys away. LOL. 

Not sure how much per liter. Probably (just guessing) 20-40 cents more than at a reagular gas station. And only regular gas no super. 

For Hours i believe surely the attendant(caretaker) is there 24/7. Most people pass there during reasonable hours so all day long is not a problem. 

Thanks for the info, we will be through there on a Tuesday mid day.

Edited by Carman