Sept Iles Mission Accomplished

Scranton1

Congratulations Scranton.  Mark that off the bucket list.

If you survive the roller coaster ride from Baie Comeau to Godbout, the rest of the ride to Sept Iles is pretty good.  You just have to pay attention to where the services are.

Jack & Sandi  

Edited by revct1

On 1/17/2017 at 5:34 PM, Scranton1 said:

We are in the f#%&# club gutz

IMG_0697.PNG

Sorry Guyz, I did not mean to take away from your accomplishment!!

Now you're already thinking you're better than 1/2 of us.... 

Nice Job! 

The part I want to know is how you're keeping Phil on the trail, I hear he has a reputation....

GutZ

1 minute ago, MrGutz said:

Sorry Guyz, I did not mean to take away from your accomplishment!!

Now you're already thinking you're better than 1/2 of us.... 

Nice Job! 

The part I want to know is how you're keeping Phil on the trail, I hear he has a reputation....

GutZ

No pucker bushes for Phil.

He is being a very good boy.

Landed in Forestville tonight.

290 miles from sept ilies

me and the old man were playing cat and mouse over the hills between godbout an baie comeau.

couldnt get the son of a gun out of my back pocket.

I told him the reason was I was leading and protecting him of any potential oncoming traffic.

we definitely got our hour of cardio in for the day.

overall today's ride was outstanding...everything groomed

first 75 miles from sept iles took us just over an hour.

the godbout section was groomed as good as u can groom in those hills.  The hills are so steep u would need the groomer pulling a 3ft drag to make the bottom of the hills smooth

Both sleds ran great....1650 miles for the year!

2 hours ago, revct1 said:

Congratulations Scranton.  Mark that off the bucket list.

If you survive the roller coaster ride from Baie Comeau to Godbout, the rest of the ride to Sept Iles is pretty good.  You just have to pay attention to where the services are.

Jack & Sandi  

Jack and Sandi,

We both ride doo and carry 4 extra gallons each.  Our range is prob close to 200 plus miles and we both have Garmin Gps with track maps.  It's cheating but it saves so much time.   I use the "where to" feature and just follow the track.

We did find the signage very good and plenty of services along the way.........

Andyman and I ran up to Sept Iles about 8 years ago. It is an awesome ride from both scenery and trails. We preplaned the trip very carefully, we were about 4 miles out of Godbout on the ferry and we could see the snowmobile trail going up over the hill toward Sept Iles from the ferry terminal. I looked at Andy and asked if he had ever ridden there, he said nope. The rest is history. 

Kiki and I went there once and the trail markings were a little sketchy close to town

We will be heading out of Forestville on 2/22 and going all the way to Blanc Sablon from there up along the south Labrador coast to Goose then Churchill Falls to Lab City and back down thru the manicougan.  Done part of the trip before but you want to make sure you have long track and plenty of survival supplies, a good gps and spare gps, satellite phone, some food, sleeping bag, and fire starter just in case.  It is no where like Quebec trail riding and needs to be taken very seriously, your life may depend on it.

1 hour ago, 603backcountry said:

We will be heading out of Forestville on 2/22 and going all the way to Blanc Sablon from there up along the south Labrador coast to Goose then Churchill Falls to Lab City and back down thru the manicougan.  Done part of the trip before but you want to make sure you have long track and plenty of survival supplies, a good gps and spare gps, satellite phone, some food, sleeping bag, and fire starter just in case.  It is no where like Quebec trail riding and needs to be taken very seriously, your life may depend on it.

Did the Manic 5 through Labrador down to Blanc Sablon this summer on a bike trip, beautiful country up there- big skies. Do you plan on spending any nights in the bush or do you plan on making it to a motel every night? 

On 1/20/2017 at 6:13 AM, 603backcountry said:

Exactly, as we have seen ambition is not nearly enough to complete trips like this successfully.

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 6:13 AM, 603backcountry said:

Hi 603

Our ride was a groomed trail ride and we were lucky enough to have beautiful sunny skies and mild temperatures. It would be nice too see it we can make it to Aie-Johan-Beetz some day, while remote I believe it is possible. I believe that is about as far I need to go.

I, as most here, look forward to following your adventure, following your group into the bush is always fun...