Quick Gaspesie Loop

smclelan

My Buddy Mike and I drove to that Gaspesie last Wednesday for a quick blow the cob webs out loop. We unloaded the sleds and did some prep work for our trip  IMG_20170111_164102.jpg

Day 1    We left from Pointe a la Croix early Thursday morning   About 2 miles out of New Richmond it started to sprinkle rain, so we did what true die hard sleds do, checked into the Francis and ate chicken wings and washed them down with beer for the rest of the day. trails were awesome  

Day 2. Left New Richmond and traveled along the south shore on perfect trails. We based in Chandler and drove to Perce, a beautiful day.  We had a bowl of soup at Rolands and drove down the sidewalk to get a picture of our sleds on the wharf with the Rock in the background. To our surprise the section of the wharf that connects to shore was blown out by the storm a week previous. So a picture from shore was the best I could do. Looks like a new lookout on the road behind the church, we didn't drive up because of time constraints. We road from there to the Hotel Adams in the town of Gaspe for the evening. After supper we came back to our rooms and I was pleased to see about 10 other sleds lined up infront of the rooms. IMG_20170113_133553.jpg

IMG_20170113_221239.jpg

Day 3.   Saturday was another beautiful sunny day. We left Gaspe full of fuel and drove to Murdochville 90 miles of freshly groomed trail that we put the first tracks on. Filled up in Murdochville and rode on first track all the way to LA Cache. The Groomer was there but no sign of life, we motored right through and up to St Paulin.  There is lots of wood being cut on that piece of trail, budworm salvage.  Looks like new stall at St Paulin, food was good and we continued to La Mechins for gas. We pulled in with 140 miles on the tank of gas, both sleds took about 33 liters of gas. From there we rode to the Quality Inn at Matane, a 282 mile day. 

Day 4   We left the Quality Inn with about 4" of fresh snowI  I got to the just of the TQ 5 and noticed my GPS wasn't in the mount!!!  Crap, we turned around a drove slowly back to the motel, no sign of it. I pouted for a minute, said sledding is expensive, and headed out. We rode through fields, drifts, and woods trails for about 20 miles. I was sliding down a long straight away on the 591 and couldn't get my foot set right in the boot well, looked down and believe it or not there was the GPS!!  What a relief, I made sure this time it locked properly into the mount. We continued on down to Groomers region, trails were unbelievable. We missed Jean Guy by minutes but stopped at the little golf club on the way to 8 mile lake, a great spot and a very nice lady running it.  From there it was back to the truck by 1pm and start our 4 HR truck ride home to Nova Scotia.  We rode 720 miles and had perfect trails the whole time, can't wait to go again. Sorry i dont have more pictures but it was not my first trip, however still love the trails!!!

Did that with my i- phone ( sort of)last year. Stopped to fill up for gas and put it on the sled and forgot. Got to my next stop realized I didn't have it , crap ! Luckily my riding mates had picked it up off the trail not to long after we had filled up . They let me stew for a while before telling me. I wasn't mad when they handed it to me after sweeting it out . I was happy to get it back!

12 hours ago, Florida Snowman said:

Nice drun Steven.  I bet you were mentally beating yourself up for that 20 miles over the loss of your gps.  Figuring out what to say to your wife about spending another $800 or so to replace it!  Glad you found it!

A great trip  Also learned a valuable lesson, alwayS double check it is locked in place!!