Trail Status Maps Question

Fuse6

Received this trail map status today in an email from Chaudiere Appalaches Tourism.

Is a map like this available for all regions of Quebec showing open, closed, limited and ice crossing conditions?

I have 2017 versions of both VIAEXPLORA and iMotoNiege but I don't see any option to generate this map showing trails open or closed.

image.jpg

A little research here.  So on the FCMQ website, scroll over the tab "Snowmobilers" and then click on the drop down menu for "Trail Conditions".  Each region is listed on this page with the clubs for the region.  The  Chaudiere-Appalaches also has the tourism link which shows the map you are referring to.

I'm guessing this is a map that the tourism bureau generates for their region.  The other regions you have to click on the clubs and review what each club has posted in text and not combined as one region on a map.

Jack & Sandi

Maybe this and other permanent sources could be pinned in one thread?

Check the grooming reports before going out...

Go to:  http://fcmq.viaexplora.com/carte-motoneige/index.html

Click "Services" in the upper right corner

Click “Delai de serfacage” (and whatever other "Attraits" you want to see)

Click "Fermer" to close the drop down box

If you switch the view from Carte (map) to Satellite, it's easier to see the Whites (those haven’t been done 3+ days)

THEN HEAD FOR THE GREENS & YELLOWS!!

Besides the map(s) and their trail condition status I like to look up the face book page of the individual clubs whose trails I will be running on and book mark them on my phone and look them over the night before or morning of a run. Not all are as active as others but often times you get up to date info you can't get on the map such as this lake is slushy but marked and safe, the groomer will be out tonight on this trail etc.

Does anyone know how to leave bread crumbs or way-points when using imontoneige 17 ? I tried when I was off the trail going across LK. Torro and it would not trace where I had traveled. It automatically put me on the trail.