Where to stay

zrt1000

Heading up for our first time to LSJ on 1/25.. Looking for a place to stay. Be nice to have a restaurant and bar at the motel. I am paralyzed from the waist down and could use a handicapped bathroom if not just a door that is 25 inches or wider.. thanks  

Welcome to Quebec Rider zrt1000.  There are many places to stay.  The Delta in Jonquiere and the Saguenenne in Chicoutimi are two popular places.  On the west side of LSJ there is Chateau Roberval in Roberval and Hotel du Jardin in St Felicien.  These four have a bar and restaurant as part of the hotel.  When you call, tell them what you are looking for.  I think you will find that most of the hotels are going to be accessible for you.

The smaller facilities like the bed and breakfasts, auberges and outfitters may not be.

Is there a particular area that you are focusing on?

Jack & Sandi

Thanks for the reply.. No special area, just something with a good start point for day trips. We have been to St. Zenon are many times and looking to get away from the bumps. Hope this area will do that ? .. I will look into the places you posted.. Thanks Again

13 minutes ago, zrt1000 said:

Thanks for the reply.. No special area, just something with a good start point for day trips. We have been to St. Zenon are many times and looking to get away from the bumps. Hope this area will do that ? .. I will look into the places you posted.. Thanks Again

This area gets pretty much traffic as well but if you stay away from the weekends you should be good. Of course closer to the bigger towns you may find some bumps here and there especially on the feeder trails.

I agree with Jack.  I think that for you given your paralysis that the Delta in Jonquiere would be the best bet.  Good luck and RIDE ON!

Yes, Corral for trucks and trailers and another for the sleds. with door by the sled area for the hotel.

Hi zrt1000.  You won't be disappointed with the Delta.  Parking is secure for trucks and sleds.  The Delta is on trail 83 and it is well maintained.  You will have many choices for day trips without riding the same trails.  The hotel is attached to a small mall that is ground floor level.  The hotel does sell out sometimes if there is a hockey tournament in town.

Jack & Sandi

The Delta is the best place to stay for what u would like to do, day trips out of hotel.  Be sure to make reservations.  This past week this hotel has been full almost every night.  As mentioned nice secure spot for truck and trailers and sleds.  If you need any help I am at the hotel and will be more than willing to help you anyway I can.  I just checked, the hotel has 2 handicapped rooms, one with a shower and one with a tub.