850 Etec Renegade

Scranton1

1850 miles with no issues.

We road 228 miles today from Forestville to the Delta and I NEVER took fuel......The MPG conditions were variable all day but I found that range to be quite impressive.  (9.5 Gallons) plus 4 Gallon Jerry

The low fuel light was on in Jonquire but I did have a gallon left in the tank.  We were also carrying all the gear for our 8 day adventure.

Range translates to safety in QC when saddlebagging.

Realizing a two stroke isn't for everyone....myself included if this thing grenades.

If it doesn't and Doo engineers got this correct.  It's something to really consider in the future.

Sled is such a blast to ride.

My 2 Cents #NOTBRANDLOYAL

BJ

1 hour ago, Scranton1 said:

1850 miles with no issues.

We road 228 miles today from Forestville to the Delta and I NEVER took fuel......The MPG conditions were variable all day but I found that range to be quite impressive.  (9.5 Gallons) plus 4 Gallon Jerry

The low fuel light was on in Jonquire but I did have a gallon left in the tank.  We were also carrying all the gear for our 8 day adventure.

Range translates to safety in QC when saddlebagging.

Realizing a two stroke isn't for everyone....myself included if this thing grenades.

If it doesn't and Doo engineers got this correct.  It's something to really consider in the future.

Sled is such a blast to ride.

My 2 Cents #NOTBRANDLOYAL

BJ

Almost 17 mpg (228/13.5)......impressive. On my 800 etec I could get 15.5 running moderately and on tight snow. WAY better than the old days. 

Last week we compared my '14 Rene 800 etec with 3k miles to a '17 Rene 850 with 1500 miles and already a new water pump. Rode over 700 miles in 2 days.

Drag race on trail was dead nuts even for first 1000 feet than my 800 pulled slightly. Oil consumption was a lil better on the 850, nothing crazy. The etec got better gas mileage on just about every fill up, again nothing crazy. The new chassis has you sitting higher and a much narrower seat. Also approx 10 times colder (in fairness he did have stock x package windshield). The new chassis absolutely blew me away when it came to handling. Minor clicks were made on the new skis of the rear skid. I was constantly rolling my sled on the side to try and get it to handle in the ever changing conditions.

So all in all, I'm sure I will own one soon, not for power or fuel/oil consumption, but for the handling. Just need to try one with larger flaring before I pull the trigger.

Can anyone elaborate on what happened to Bill..?? Just met him Fri night.....what a great guy.

15 minutes ago, Sledwhore said:

Last week we compared my '14 Rene 800 etec with 3k miles to a '17 Rene 850 with 1500 miles and already a new water pump. Rode over 700 miles in 2 days.

Drag race on trail was dead nuts even for first 1000 feet than my 800 pulled slightly. Oil consumption was a lil better on the 850, nothing crazy. The etec got better gas mileage on just about every fill up, again nothing crazy. The new chassis has you sitting higher and a much narrower seat. Also approx 10 times colder (in fairness he did have stock x package windshield). The new chassis absolutely blew me away when it came to handling. Minor clicks were made on the new skis of the rear skid. I was constantly rolling my sled on the side to try and get it to handle in the ever changing conditions.

So all in all, I'm sure I will own one soon, not for power or fuel/oil consumption, but for the handling. Just need to try one with larger flaring before I pull the trigger.

Can anyone elaborate on what happened to Bill..?? Just met him Fri night.....what a great guy.

Im coming off a 4 stroke so I have to comparator.   If the thing holds together for a reasonable time I think it's a winner.  I have the medium winsdshield although I wanted something bigger and haven't had an issue with cold so far....

We are saddlebaggers so range is more important than anything.  The four gallon caddy is great.

Best of luck and ride safe!

I have ridden my friends 850 and FELL IN LOVE IMMEDIATELY!  Been trying to find one set up like I want and cannot as of yet, but I plan to have one next year!  They hit it out of the park with this one!  Enjoy fellas and ride safely.  Heading to the Delta in the morning!!!!

14 hours ago, Sledwhore said:

You said the etec got better gas mileage.  Which one, they are both etecs?

3 hours ago, Shane said:

I have ridden my friends 850 and FELL IN LOVE IMMEDIATELY!  Been trying to find one set up like I want and cannot as of yet, but I plan to have one next year!  They hit it out of the park with this one!  Enjoy fellas and ride safely.  Heading to the Delta in the morning!!!!

I'm assuming your friend is Willy...I'm surprised he stopped riding it long enough for you to try it...lol