Garbage

iceman

Out today with Triggerhappy and the lovely miss Belinda. Local ride east to Champlain then Batiscan and up through St Anne de la Perade. Then 3/23 and then 23 to a Local trail. Belinda's favorite I am sure, then it took us up to 73 about 7km outside of St Raymond. Big mistake. Railbed 73 in all my years in QC i never seen it so trashed. Bumpy and used up. Then 353 St Ubalde for lunch. back on 302 then to 351 to 3 to get back home. Junk Junk Junk and did I mention Junk. A few places no so rough but by QC standards, utter crap. Warm temps and high traffic equals utter decimation of the trails. They are used up bad. The company was great but trails left a lot to be desired. 

Pray for cold. 

What a difference a day can make Don!  I was on a lot of those same trails early yesterday and conditions were good.  Temps & traffic cause major damage.  Temps are looking better going forward.  Need a big Nor'easter also!

IMG_2463.PNG

Edited by Florida Snowman

1 hour ago, Jackstraw said:

This was also the free weekend was it not?

Oh yes. So warm and the extra heavy traffic. And basically we have "Old Forge" late Saturday afternoon trails pretty much everywhere within 100 miles around me from what I saw. Whooped out and trashed. Corners burned right to dirt in some places. Amateurs. Need cold to re freeze and new snow. Got junk now big time. Snow to soft to work with. Groom it and two hours later it's like it never saw a groomer in a week. 

We got out for a quick 100 run and lunch before heading back to NY and everything was groomed to perfection!  We had the trails to ourselves for the first 50 miles. On the way back still perfect except for about 1 mile of trail 3.  It was a great way to end the weekend 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg