Busting my record! Thanks Bill.

Sledwhore

Decided last wed night that myself and my buddy would leave for Shawinigan Thursday afternoon. Wifee approved, good to go!!! "Just be back on the Island by 3:00 Sun for your daughters recital !!!" Sure no problem, I reply....Basically, plan is that I leave Long Island by 2.  Well my luck, my sister in law has a baby and my wife is off to Jersey hence I'm in charge of my 3 daughters. Well wifee gets home around 6 and I'm head into nyc traffic by 6:15...😰..Uhhg..get him in CT bought 8:30 and arrive at Drakkar just before 5A.M.

Mounted, fed, fueled and rolling by 9:30 with no planned route or destination. Just need to pump out a good first ride. Hammered along 3 east beautiful trails to 23 north. Stopped by the ski-doo dealer in St. Ray, grabbed some oil and headed dew north. Well groomed trails up to Le' tap. Fresh snow, tons of dust north up to Mt. Apica. Overall good trail all the way up to Delta. Arrived about 5:00 ...271 miles.

Niether of us had ever been up to the Delta before. When we walked in, we were greeted by a gentleman holding 2 plastic cups of warm beverage. " you boys look cold, have some Caribou" having never met him or even seen a picture of him before I said "thanks Bill". An honor to be welcomed to the Saguenay region by the Legend himself.

After breakfast and some quick directions from Bill, we were off to go around the lake. Bill said it would be a long day, but dew able to make it to La'tuque. 93 west was fast and beautiful. The same down 373 and all the way to St. Felician. Although the trails were good, the signage was poor and we wasted a lot of time with map guessing, U turns and luck to make it into Roberval and fuel up. Pulling out of Roberval, we see signs La Tuque 150 Km. No problem!! We hit 83 and keep following the signs for La Tuque.....after about 30 miles I start realizing that we should have been off 83 by now to get into Lac Ed. Then I finally see a maker 83 West....WTF..??? Neither of us had ever ridden this region before.  It was pushing 4:00 and we had no idea how far relays 22 was...or if it was even open. I wanted to retreat back to Roberval, but no dice..we pushed on to 22. Now it's just about dark and I figure it would be nice to grab a room at the relais and finish up the trip back to Shawinigan tomorrow. Once again, my ruling was overturned, when my buddy said "we gotta get you home by 3 tomorrow ". With my wife's voice ringing in my head, we run down 73. Kinda shitty trail, very winding and slow especially since it had not been groomed since the fresh 8-10" of snow and maybe only a dozen sleds had passed. Into LaTuque around 8:30 p.m., fuel up and we decide that since we know from here south, let's run it in....down 355 to the power lines, heading for the pipeline and the trail turns horrible. Turned around went back to 360 and ran it all the way in jumped onto the river and took it into Grand mere. Passed the groomer and beautiful trail back to Drakkar by 11:30 with 440 miles on the clicker. Beating my high mileage record by about 60 miles.

711 miles in 2 days....pretty good for an unplanned trip.

Load up the truck, shower, eat, bar and bed around 2:30. Slept a bit and rolled out of there by 5a.m. and I slid into the resital at five to 3. Woo hoo ! Thanks to my buddy Kevin for pushing me and making me a hero to my daughter. Hope to do a couple more trips like that later this season. Need to bust Kevin's 1 day record of 540 miles 😬. 

For now, I'll be packing up tomorrow to catch a plane Wed for West Yellowstone. A change of pace to play in the mountains on 155's and be happy if we do 50 miles for the day.

Thanks again Bill ! ! We did it!

1 hour ago, PLAYHARD said:

Holy CRAP!  Nice 3 day ride in 2 days!    :good:

Hmm... Sounds like 70'ish hrs divided by 5hr Energy = 14 shots ea!

2 days!.png

You didn't have a Team Iceman sticker on your back hatch did you?...

Southbound.png

No that is Shaggy, he left Drakkar just before you stopped there friday. 

Nope, no five hr energy shots for me... A snickers and a Monster keeps me rolling.  

No iceman stickers on our ride..we would, I saw numerous ones throughout our journey in warming huts and stuff.  That does look like the exact route we took, if you just scribble back and forth a lil by Roberval...lol....The signage was rough there.

Edited by Sledwhore