Good news!

Cnc

There was a press conference this past Friday at the comfort inn in Tremblant to announce the openning of a new trail that will link St Faustin to Tremblant re establishing the the route from St Agathe to Tremblant lost by the closure of the Petit Train de Nord a number of years ago. Here is a link to the announcement roughly translated on the Diable et Rouge club FB page.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1085133484930832&id=115355755241948

No info on the route yet. Only info I have is the the post by the club. Looks like it will not be open till next season but if they start posting the projected route I will post.

• 1 year later...
16 minutes ago, actionjack said:

CNC do I read this correctly that club diable et rouge today announced this will be connected next season?

This post is a year old. Dated 22 January, 2017. It never materialized. 

1 hour ago, iceman said:

This post is a year old. Dated 22 January, 2017. It never materialized. 

While it has yet to be materialized, it is now promised for next season. We will see. The previous delay was a lack of funds but that supposedly has been cleared up and the funds and go ahead granted by the minister of transportation. They announced with big fan fare and a news conference  just before Christmas.

86363AE4-D71A-439E-8725-CB09B1F96E0D.png

Well I am hoping the by- pass will be ready for next year. The club has be pushing hard for several years and thought it was a done deal each time but there was always a snag. There is a 3 million dollar budget for it and presumably lots planning to still go over. These days it is no longer “ oh well just cut some trees and put the trail here”. The loss of the section of the petit train du Nord caused by unhappy residents taking the government, club and town to court means they will be extra careful in putting the by-pass in a location that can never be threatened. If it were me I would be seriously considering running it down the center of the 117. A bridge or a tunnel at each end so sleds don’t have to cross a high speed highway would be the big cost. I have run down the center of the 117 in the past from St Faustin to Tremblant to get past the dead end and in my mind it would not be hard to put a real trail in there. Down the center of a divided highway would certainly be safe from residents complaining about sleds disturbing them. Now if they could reconnect Tremblant to Labelle as well we would be in great shape. 

31 minutes ago, Cnc said:

Well I am hoping the by- pass will be ready for next year. The club has be pushing hard for several years and thought it was a done deal each time but there was always a snag. There is a 3 million dollar budget for it and presumably lots planning to still go over. These days it is no longer “ oh well just cut some trees and put the trail here”. The loss of the section of the petit train du Nord caused by unhappy residents taking the government, club and town to court means they will be extra careful in putting the by-pass in a location that can never be threatened. If it were me I would be seriously considering running it down the center of the 117. A bridge or a tunnel at each end so sleds don’t have to cross a high speed highway would be the big cost. I have run down the center of the 117 in the past from St Faustin to Tremblant to get past the dead end and in my mind it would not be hard to put a real trail in there. Down the center of a divided highway would certainly be safe from residents complaining about sleds disturbing them. Now if they could reconnect Tremblant to Labelle as well we would be in great shape. 

Great idea!!

A little up date from Diable et Rouge on the by-pass.

Pour cet été le gros dossier c est le sentier de la route 117 ,,, a date nous somme dans les temps nous avons eu des séances de travaille avec les ingénieurs et le MTQ ... nous devrions aller en soumissions le mois prochains .... a suivre !! fin des travaux 30 septembre !!!

Basically they say the big file for this summer is the trail on the 117.  They have already had talks with engineers and the transport ministry of QC. They should go to bids in the following months. To be continued! Work finished by the end of September!

Sounds like they just might be running  the bypass up the median of the 117 or beside it.