High Octane Gas "2Strokers"

Scranton1

A thread for the minority. "2STROKERS"

Was hoping to gather info on the towns or prominent stops where you can't get premium fuel.  We had one stop on our last 1700 mile saddlebagging trip where premium fuel was an issue.

Lac Edward

KM 31 only had regular but it wasn't an issue.

It would be beneficial to know where premium isn't available!

Any insight is greatly appreciated!

BJ

Same here.  Once in awhile I've had to use regular.  Usually the only places that may not have super are the relais that only have one above ground tank.  But some of those will stock super instead of regular.  Most of the new sleds I think will compensate for plug knock and kick back the timing so you don't do any damage.  You sacrifice a little horsepower for the protection.  You could always carry a bottle of the octane boost.

Jack & Sandi

I try to avoid the regular if possible.  Haven't read the fine print on my warranty but would guess if I melted it down running 87 it could be a point of contention with DOO.

Just thought objective information on the few areas u can't get 91 octane could be helpful for trip planning.

10 hours ago, revct1 said:

Same here.  Once in awhile I've had to use regular.  Usually the only places that may not have super are the relais that only have one above ground tank.  But some of those will stock super instead of regular.  Most of the new sleds I think will compensate for plug knock and kick back the timing so you don't do any damage.  You sacrifice a little horsepower for the protection.  You could always carry a bottle of the octane boost.

Jack & Sandi

X2 If worried carry a bottle of octane boost.

I fill up with premium when it's available & the place doesn't look too sketchy. I have filled up with regular & never had an issue. In my opinion when trail riding you would probably be ok with regular because you're not at WOT 100% of the time.

If BRP denied a warranty claim because of wrong octane I would be surprised.