BRP Synthetic 2 stroke oil

Carman

I am planning a saddle bag trip at the end of the month and I was just curious how easy it will be to find synthetic 2-stroke BRP oil along my route or if I should pack 4 - 8 liters just in case. Below is my planned route:

5884392636554_ScreenShot2017-01-21at11_5

Hi Carman,

If we are on a "short" trip, I don't mind carrying a couple of liters.  A trip like you are planning I would rather buy from a Ski Doo dealer.  Maybe carry one or two as a back up depending on how far you can go on what is in the sled's oil tank.

If there are others in the group that use the same BRP synthetic, you can buy a gallon at a time and split it between sleds.  Get a list of the Ski Doo dealers with their hours and then you can plan on what dealers you can fill up at.  Weekends most dealers are closed or maybe a half day on Saturday.

If I do carry any oil, I always place duct tape over the cover for added insurance against leakage.

Have a great ride.

Jack & Sandi

Hi, the medium skidoo linq bag easily holds 4 quarts of oil. And I would take that. I've done longish tours and bought oil wherever I find it, and leave the ones I brought only for emergency. Oil consumption on the new 850 not as good as the 800 I find so better to be safe. And absolutely tape the lids. They will leak even if unopened which can be a real pain. 

Hat's off to all you oil users, so much more involved to keep it rolling. Where to get oil? Where to Carry it? What kind is it? Tape the bottles closed. Mix different kinds or no? My head is spinning. lol. 

It is an addiction. Seek help. 

Carry a few quarts of oil or carry a few extra hundred pounds under the hood?⚓️⚓️

That tis the question?

😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻❤️️❤️️❤️️❤️️❤️️

11 minutes ago, 800steve said:

Me too, but I never seem to use any.

35 minutes ago, Phil 1 said:

I carry 3.7 US Quarts. :good:

38 minutes ago, iceman said:

Hat's off to all you oil users, so much more involved to keep it rolling. Where to get oil? Where to Carry it? What kind is it? Tape the bottles closed. Mix different kinds or no? My head is spinning. lol. 

"Carry a few quarts of oil or carry a few extra hundred pounds under the hood?⚓️⚓️

That tis the question?"

i hear you,

just saying how I feel. BTW I am Always ready to tow the two smokes when times up. Rest easy. 

I carry at least 2 quarts of JACK. To start a trip. I'm more concerned with where is the SAQ. 

Edited by iceman

7 minutes ago, iceman said:

I carry at least 2 quarts of JACK. To start a trip. I'm more concerned with where is the SAQ. 

Ah, the all purpose lubricant.👌

43 minutes ago, Teet F8SP said:

To each their own and as Ice has experienced, even 4 strokes have their problems.  I recall your last tow job you described was a 4 stroke Ski Doo???

No Doubt they all have their problems, it's all part of the game. Fact is some have less problems than others that is for certain.

On 2/5/2017 at 9:39 AM, iceman said:

Not to mention I can't stand following two stroke sleds breathing in fumes all day long. Anyone who rides behind me doesn't smell anything