La Domaine La Verendrye

mrterceira

If you are talking about the outfitter on trail 386 just south of 63 yes it is open it is about 50 miles in off of 117 by truck.$2 a liter for gaz.Very decent stop on the trail.

3 hours ago, mrterceira said:

Does anyone know if this place is still open the one on highway 117 on the way to Val-D'or, its been a couple of years since we have been up there and we usually park there then sled up to Val-D'or but I can't seem to find there number any were.

That is a Government SEPAQ place. Not sure if it's open in winter. Its right on the 117 next to the Gas Station there. i believe this is where you are talking about.

http://www.sepaq.com/rf/lvy/information.dot

there is also Le Classic, the restaurant/motel and gas a little bit before that but could be an option to launch from. 

2 117 Rte, Montcerf-Lytton, QC J0W 1N0
(819) 438-5557
Edited by iceman

3 minutes ago, Florida Snowman said:

7 miles south off TQ63.  Turn off is just east of the 386/TQ63 intersection. 

IMG_1964.PNG

Wrong, Not the place he is looking for. He is talking about the place out on the Highway on TQ63

4 hours ago, mrterceira said:

Does anyone know if this place is still open the one on highway 117 on the way to Val-D'or, its been a couple of years since we have been up there and we usually park there then sled up to Val-D'or but I can't seem to find there number any were.

yes it's open. Rode to Le Domaine january 28th......try this

Station Service Le Domaine

le Domaine, Parc de la Vérendrye, QC J0W 1T0

819-435-2251

Edited by Mid Range

14 minutes ago, Mid Range said:

yes it's open. Rode to Le Domaine january 28th......try this

Station Service Le Domaine

le Domaine, Parc de la Vérendrye, QC J0W 1T0

819-435-2251

We stayed there one night last year, late night sled not 100%, it was similar to Relais 22 room. But they had food, bed and gas...

2 minutes ago, Phil 1 said:

We stayed there one night last year, late night sled not 100%, it was similar to Relais 22 room. But they had food, bed and gas...

Yes, spot on.

Sorry Guys, not the place I was thinking of. Pavilion La Levendry has new owners and addition and is a Great place to stay ! Domain we stopped at for gas on the way through , it's more of a truck stop.

You must be thinking of Windigo, reports say fox has been MIA for some time now.

La Domaine a must gas stop, fuel up there cuz the Indian reserve is 200 k away, La Verendrye is on the way but you must take a 15 k detour down to his place for 2$+\ litre gas, great  necessity should you need it but f your early enough to buzz through you'll need to make a judgement call pending on trail status a sled fuel consumptions. Definitely possible to make the 200 k run if you're prepared.

1 hour ago, Trailblazer said:

You must be thinking of Windigo, reports say fox has been MIA for some time now.

La Domaine a must gas stop, fuel up there cuz the Indian reserve is 200 k away, La Verendrye is on the way but you must take a 15 k detour down to his place for 2$+\ litre gas, great  necessity should you need it but f your early enough to buzz through you'll need to make a judgement call pending on trail status a sled fuel consumptions. Definitely possible to make the 200 k run if you're prepared.

We are riding from village Windigo to Val-d'Or next week is this the best place for fuel? 200km range is not an issue for our sleds.

La Domaine is your fuel up necessitaty  then its 200k to the Indian reserve, smooth trails and  good weather will be very helpful but should you encounter snow accumulations on the way up better to detour for fuel at La Verendrye.

Few years back I went to Trout Lake bypassing La Verendye thinking we're good on gas cuz we're carring some,  fueled up  at La Domaine, we were 4, 2 Apexes and 2 1200 Renegades 3 with extra fuel. I was on a Yamaha Apex 144" with 2x 5 litres on board. 63/386 inter snow sccumslstions were getting pretty extreme, I used my 2x 5 litres of fuel then later shared one of the Doos extra fuel with the other Apex. We managed to get to Trout Lake on fumes. The Doos were fine lots of gas left but the Apexes were burning up all the fuel.

Be very carefull and notable with the other sleds in the group.

I read a report that 63 swings a bit to the south this yr. passing through La Verendye Lodge. 

Last yr. I fueled at the Indian reserve and made it to Domaine no prob. Doo 1200 and Polaris 800. 126mi good conditions groomed.

Edited by doonali

3 hours ago, doonali said:

I read a report that 63 swings a bit to the south this yr. passing through La Verendye Lodge. 

Last yr. I fueled at the Indian reserve and made it to Domaine no prob. Doo 1200 and Polaris 800. 126mi good conditions groomed.

Yes it did that last year also, not an issue. Did not take you all the way to the lodge, trail runs along the access road to the lodge.

17 hours ago, Trailblazer said:

The Fox is still there. Not sure it's the same one but there is one there every morning. We stayed there twice last week and have video of throwing breakfast sausages to him right off the front porch. 

8 hours ago, Phil 1 said:

Yes it did that last year also, not an issue. Did not take you all the way to the lodge, trail runs along the access road to the lodge.

Stayed at the Lodge  2weeks ago, they pulled 63 all the way down this year.

2 hours ago, Pipemaster said:

Stayed at the Lodge  2weeks ago, they pulled 63 all the way down this year.

We may come back that way from Val Dor next week, never been to the Lodge understand it's nice.

30 minutes ago, Phil 1 said:

We may come back that way from Val Dor next week, never been to the Lodge understand it's nice.

Pa. boys invade Abitibi? I am also going to be in Val-d'Or this weekend. Saturday night.

10 minutes ago, doonali said:

Pa. boys invade Abitibi? I am also going to be in Val-d'Or this weekend. Saturday night.

Yes we will be at the Forestal Saturday night. John, Ed, 420, BJ You & I, hold on. PM me your cell and maybe we can all get together for dinner and drinks.