La Domaine La Verendrye

mrterceira

On 2/6/2017 at 10:51 PM, Trailblazer said:

You must be thinking of Windigo, reports say fox has been MIA for some time now.

La Domaine a must gas stop, fuel up there cuz the Indian reserve is 200 k away, La Verendrye is on the way but you must take a 15 k detour down to his place for 2$+\ litre gas, great  necessity should you need it but f your early enough to buzz through you'll need to make a judgement call pending on trail status a sled fuel consumptions. Definitely possible to make the 200 k run if you're prepared.

Nope, never been to the Windigo definitely Domaine :good: 

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Backcountry12 said:

Where do you park in Maniwaki? We are heading up for a short weekend on Thursday night. Wanting to head up 386. Also trying to narrow down the gas stops on 386. Plan to Spend the night at Forestal. How many hours to get there?

If your going this Thursday you may want to consider driving further North based on the forcast.

IMG_0806.PNG

8 hours ago, Backcountry12 said:

Where do you park in Maniwaki? We are heading up for a short weekend on Thursday night. Wanting to head up 386. Also trying to narrow down the gas stops on 386. Plan to Spend the night at Forestal. How many hours to get there?

I Usually start at Auberge Du Draveur. The last time I ran it iwas 280+mi on GPS. If your using Via Explora it'll show less mi. The 63 drops down to La Verendrye lodge this yr. at the 63/386 junction which adds 20mi.

gas at La Domaine - La Verendtye - Kitcikak

14 hours ago, Backcountry12 said:

If I was you I would leave either at restaurant le classic in lytton(northwest of Grand-Remous) or Le Domaine in La verendrye Park. Less bare roads,parking lots,etc to deal with and TQ 13/63 is presently closed courtesy of mother nature(major washout apparently). Another rinse on the way. Pathetic. I hope you have ice scratchers.2017-02-28-conditions-sentiers.gif

1 hour ago, Mid Range said:

If I was you I would leave either at restaurant le classic in lytton(northwest of Grand-Remous) or Le Domaine in La verendrye Park. Less bare roads,parking lots,etc to deal with and TQ 13/63 is presently closed courtesy of mother nature(major washout apparently). Another rinse on the way. Pathetic. I hope you have ice scratchers.2017-02-28-conditions-sentiers.gif

We stopped there to get fuel in our truck on our way down from LSQ after picking up  ski doo's that blew pistons 2 weeks ago. Was not aware they allow parking there. That is a great spot to park and save a lot of beat up trails from what I hear. So we would leave from there and fuel at  La Domaine - La Verendtye - Kitcika. Would that be about a 7 hour ride? We dont stop much but are not crazy fast riders. And where on that stretch can we buy 3 day trail passes? We were all up 2 weeks ago but our trip got cut short by 2 different ski doo's blowing pistons so we want to go again. Mike

PS: Thanks for the info. I appreciate people being willing to help

2 hours ago, iceman said:

Call restaurant Classic they probably sell passes there. Last gas is In Indian Reserve. Can't miss it trail goes right past the small store with gas pumps. 

When you see 110 dogs running around wild you will know your in the right place.   :)