Planning a trip looking for suggestions.

Js12ren

We are a group of 4 and we are planning a trip Feb 27 - March 4 (six days of riding). So far we are thinking Temiscaming to La Sarre to Matagami To Val D'or. From there we aren't sure what to do. We will still have three days to get back to Temiscaming and we are looking for ideas to maybe complete a loop. Possibly heading down 386 to 63 and staying maybe at the Motel Le Classic and from there heading towards 43 and staying another night somewhere and then back to Temiscaming. Any ideas or suggestions would be great as the map I'm sure doesn't show many of the nice places to stay. Thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, Js12ren said:

We are a group of 4 and we are planning a trip Feb 27 - March 4 (six days of riding). So far we are thinking Temiscaming to La Sarre to Matagami To Val D'or. From there we aren't sure what to do. We will still have three days to get back to Temiscaming and we are looking for ideas to maybe complete a loop. Possibly heading down 386 to 63 and staying maybe at the Motel Le Classic and from there heading towards 43 and staying another night somewhere and then back to Temiscaming. Any ideas or suggestions would be great as the map I'm sure doesn't show many of the nice places to stay. Thanks in advance!

La Forestel in Val-d'Or is a great place to stay.

21 hours ago, Js12ren said:

Possibly heading down 386 to 63 and staying maybe at the Motel Le Classic and from there heading towards 43 and staying another night somewhere and then back to Temiscaming. Any ideas or suggestions would be great as the map I'm sure doesn't show many of the nice places to stay. Thanks in advance!

If you were planning to come back via TQ 43, you will have to forget it. Trail 308 is closed towards Fort-Coulonge and I just learned that PSDA are having issues with trail 311. There is no connection for the time being between Upper Gatineau Valley and the Pontiac.

http://www.oursblancs.com/conditions-sentiers.html

2017-02-07

We have been informed that PSDA has lost authorization with the municipality of Otter Lake closing the trail 311 from Otter Lake to Lady Smith.

Therefore, NO access between MRC VG and MRC Pontiac.

http://amp-psda.qc.ca/actions/showClubConditions?lg=fr&page=sen&cid=240

Edited by Mid Range