Up'n down la fleuve

Trailblazer

Here we are the 2 of us at La Bernieres, original planned out to be 5, 1 dropped out due to business the other 2 dropped out due to medical injury, boy it's getting tougher and tougher to get a group together these days. Just Neksledr and I, ohhhh we are gonna cover a lot of ground just the two of us.

The plan..... 2 days up, 2 days down.

Bernieres, shuttle to the north side, run up la Fleuve to Baie Comeau for the 5 pm Friday evening ferry crossing, go visit groomer then run down la Fleuve back to la Bernieres.

Lots of snow fell here yesterday gonna be very interesting day tomorrow,lets see how things work out.

Stay tuned

Drive up to the Bernieres to meet Mr.Neksledr last night, got a little info on the Renos here, new restaurant getting built in the parking lot across the street to replace the one in the motel which will in turn will be renovated to accomadate more rooms aswell a second floor will be built after the restaurant is done to increase rooms to 100+.

Well we were a little worried last night with the groomer reports but that was to be expected the next day after a storm, we were prepared to plow though some snow in thought.

This morning looking at the groomer schedule was a game changer, all a green light up to L'Escoumins wth the exception of a short section west of Baie St.Paul about 30 k and between St.Simon to Baie St.Catherine 60 k.

After an early rise and a shuttle drive we begin out journey out of the Colibri at 8:30 am. Run into the groomer just shy of BSP then go visit my beautiful cutey patuteys at relais Micheline Where we take a little break, take gas in St.Ulbain 177 k. 

St.Simon to BSC not grooomed rough'n tough but not unmanageable, we blow through it in an 1 1/2 hr and make a new friend. In at Sacre Couer for another gas stop 194 k, running the tanks down, the only way to get somewhere. Out of the gas stop, trail is groomed now this is the one we rode in on just a minute ago so now I'm praying for groomer to be coming in from L'Escoumins but unfortunately after a short ride we run into the groomer at the 3/93 inter. Blow by the groomer and find the trail in not bad shape for a trail not recently groomed, 30 k into it the trail opens up and is groomed, after the crap we had been riding before the ferry crossing we are in hyper mode now just smoke'n it. Moments later we hit the inter for the Pelchat trail and yes sir yi it is groomed 2 groomer wide now we're in super hyper mode and blast it down to L'Escoumins, a real treat to end the day with.

Pics are limited folks, we had a grey light day, made for some tough visibility with the new snow and unfortunately even tougher for photos.

435 klms for tad day

New restaurant construction

IMG_0050.thumb.JPG.ea9daefd95f58a026d86d5765ea72014.JPG

IMG_0052.thumb.JPG.e0575372a40de8c32f11defa736819e2.JPG

Bedding at the Pelchat far better than the Bernieres, they gotta step it up in their Renos.

Today's mission......catch the 5pm ferry crossing in BC, 300 k and we've got a tag along today so it could work out or it could not but I have a feeling it will. This guy is a solo bird, we were leapfrogging it all day yesterday from QC.

'till later

Done with the ferry now parked it at the Quality Inn, nice recommendation from Andy and Steven, tks guys.

Our tag along worked out real nice he was able to keep up and with no sas either. Told him he was crazy to attempt the north shore solo, he was glad to have our company, he didn't realize how far between towns weee up there. Part our ways at the QI and off in the darkness he went.

Pelchate into BC was all groomed some areas and not for very long showed some wear then another club kicked in and voila more fresh grooming. The trail gods are with us today.A lot of wind today and some areas between tree lines were wind swept and I some cases drifted to 2' and plus. Took a local goat path into BC for a bite to eat, when leaving goat path turned into a white ribbon, real sweet. We were very lucky given the crazy amounts of snow that fell on the north shore just days before our trip, really worried us but I had an inner sense telling me to go for the green lines.

New ferry boat has a much smoother ride, not like the older one. Punches through ice with ease.

IMG_0093.thumb.JPG.98ae149f69b4dc75fe9feed24f792c7e.JPG

IMG_0102.thumb.JPG.d7a49363934d1e21d2ea4f85bc842690.JPG

Trailblazer,      I might?? be making a loop around Squatec and up to trail #5 on my ride today. I'll keep a a lookout for you. I'll be riding a black and orange Renegade.

Still no phone coverage and haven't booked a room for tonight yet, so only contact is send me a pm on this sight. Looks like Days Inn still has rooms available so may end up there if no cancellations at the Universal.

mike