St. Zenon Trip 2/4 - 2/11

mrgrumpers

This past week my father and I spent a week riding around the Lanaudière & Mauricie regions.  We have been regulars of the area for a good amount of time but life got in our way and we haven't been back until now.  We stayed at Real Masse as this has been our home away from home for a good amount of time.  We haven't been to Real in roughly 10 years so it was freshing to walk in and have everyone remember us as we were there yesterday.  I can't say how amazing this place is, no matter what they will help you with whatever you may need.  So lets get onto the import part of the trip the riding....

Day 1: 2/4/17 

We arrived at Real around 2:30pm, checked in, changed and took a quick ride. My father had to break in his new sled for the first time so we though why not.  The ride wasn't long but we rode out to La Glaciere then up to the intersection of 23 and 350 then back to Real.  Trails were good, bumpy in the corners but that is what you would expect for a Saturday.  

GzLmp7Rl.png

Day 2: 2/5/17

Sunday's ride was a relaxing 175 miles.  Left Real around 8AM headed up towards the dam and then over towards Lac Taureau.  After that rode the reserver down to Saint-Michel-des-Saints and then over to Koubek for a nice ride.  Trails were great even by the afternoon they were smooth and didn't pass much traffic for a Sunday.  Also dinner at Real I believe we were the only people there for about 2 hours until another couple showed up.

zJcnt76l.png

opccjE8l.jpg

IqYCXqkl.jpg

Day 3: 2/6/17

Monday's ride was a nice trip of to St. Donat and then south from there.  Trails were fully groomed the night before and were flat and fast.  Another 175 miles done for the day with passing maybe 8-10 sleds all day.

HC9Qskol.png

VAPAOd8l.jpg

Stopped for a rest before heading towards St. Donat at Coin Lavigne

gnZJonWl.jpg

Stopped for a little rest in Entrelacs.

Video from the day.

Day 4: 2/7/17

Tuesday's ride is a familiar one with almost anyone who rides the area.  We took the trip up to Riviere-Matawin and then back since the trails were so smooth.

RCcnj5rl.jpg

Took a little break at the river crossing.  

kvspIzKl.jpg

As you can see the trails were smooth.

zwST769l.jpg

Video from the day.

Day 5: 2/8/17

Tuesday into Wednesday they were calling for snow and ice, we received way more snow then ice.  Received about 6-8 inches with a very thin layer of ice on top.  Decided to head into the Maurice region and down to Lac Blanc then head up towards Saint-Alexis-des-Monts.

9m7wdMVl.png

Took the 23 that comes out above Le Cabanon back.  Trail was good, needed to have the fresh snow packed but passed 2 groups of sleds.

TxzFa6nl.jpg

16UlcDcl.jpg

Enjoying the fresh snow on top of the great trails.

Day 6: 2/9/17

Thursday we took a look at the grooming delay and realized everything was bright green so we took the best run possible back up the river again.

eaQ2JLpl.png

8vhGaog.jpg

Woke up to an amazing view from Real

bWCoh0El.jpg

Stopped at Le Cabanon for a break in the afternoon and got to watch a plan take off on the lake.

Day 7: 2/10/17

Friday was our last day, we covered over 1,000 miles already so we decided to have a nice ride and take in some different area.  We headed south towards Saint-Gabriel to view the look out and run through the fields.

2n9x3Ab.png

hEmPypE.jpg

kuGUBcM.jpg

Overall what can I say, my dad and I had an amazing time again and we look forward to heading back.  Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I will continue to post videos from the week.

BTPBjqM.jpg

Father on the left (Mike), mrgrumpers on the right (Kyle)

Good Times!! Awesome report 

This is the exact thing I do with my dad...  We love the Real Masse for the same reasons you do and also hit the trails that are the freshest even if it is the same route now and then!   The food at Masse is hard to beat and the heated garage is a great plus especially when its below zero F.

We are going back up on the 6th...

Thank you everyone for the kind words.  I would have posted it day by day but the wifi at Real is the best for posting videos.  

Trailblazer, I just hope the image on a different site like imgur.  Then when you click on an image you can select what size you want (went with large thumbnail I believe).  It gives you a embedded link to use in any forum.  So it looks something like this [/img]linkto.jpg[/img] (remove the slashes in front of the img part to make it work) this just puts the image in the post without having to host it on the server.  As far as the video you just copy the link and the rest is magic.  If someone needs help with it shoot me a message I can give a hand.

Here is the rest of the videos from the week if you want to take a glance.  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGzWL8mgXjQWKLiNdBYnVtw

Thanks for the tip Kyle, I'll give it a try. I've been emailing them to myself, Apple phone gives you several sizes to choose from before sending, this was the only way I could get more than 1 pic in a post. New site very frustrating to upload pics, was not like that in the previous site!!

PITA

Edited by Trailblazer