Relais 540

Northbound

For those of you that remember, we bumped into Andre and Nicole today. We were running from Bernieres to RDL on the poog and they were getting their mail as we were crossing the road. They both look good and we were happy to see them if only for a few minutes. They were always very welcoming as we have made this trip for many years. We always stopped for a snack and gas. They have been closed in the winter for the last few years. I can remember Andre posting whenever the groomer would pass back on HCS. Unfortunately with sleds getting such better mileage than in the past, some fuel stops are not as important as they used to be. Happy life to you, Andre and Nicole, and thanks for your support in our sport.

Jeff and Sandy

11 hours ago, Northbound said:

For those of you that remember, we bumped into Andre and Nicole today. We were running from Bernieres to RDL on the poog and they were getting their mail as we were crossing the road. They both look good and we were happy to see them if only for a few minutes. They were always very welcoming as we have made this trip for many years. We always stopped for a snack and gas. They have been closed in the winter for the last few years. I can remember Andre posting whenever the groomer would pass back on HCS. Unfortunately with sleds getting such better mileage than in the past, some fuel stops are not as important as they used to be. Happy life to you, Andre and Nicole, and thanks for your support in our sport.

Jeff and Sandy

Thanks for sharing this with us. Kinda sad though as it marks the end of another fixture that was always there for many of us. I always wondered what happened to them. Last I knew Andre was doing allot promoting his SnoTrackers  business and the relais was still open - although intermittently. Last several years we have passed there has been no sign out and no tracks toward their place from the RR bed so I figured maybe they relocated. Great people and supporters of the snowmobiling community. Glad to hear they are doing well.

• 2 weeks later...