Matane

Bluenose

Planning a Gaspe trip next week. Have usually stayed at the Ritoel when in Matane but seems to

be more difficult to reach each trip - streets, backyards etc. Has anyone any knowledge of the Quality Inn as regards distance from the trail etc?

It's a couple of miles off of TQ5. it is a little tricky to get to it. The trail to the place winds through a couple of business yards and down a couple of streets. It's right near where the ferry is. You have to jump on the tracks across from the QI and head west for about a mile to get gas. Hope this helps.

IMO, both the QI and Riotel have there little challenges to get to for access, although in the several last years the trail to QI seemed to be marked ,groomed fairly clearly. You can also find gas- east of the QI about 1/2 mile and the trail is marked on the south side of the tracks for gas as I recall.

As you mentioned bluenose, the riotel can be a little twisty behind the shopping center, throught the little restaurant yard, around the side streets ect but dooable. Both hotels offer equivilant accomadations and food imo

RR

I stayed at the Riotel about 3 weeks ago for the first time and wasnt overly pleased with the room or it's cleanliness.

Also they had the trail going over this huge mound of dirt and it was very steep and all the snow was blown off it. It kinda sucked.

I got screwed over a couple years ago at the Quality Inn in Matane (said they didnt have my reservation when in fact I did make one) so I wont give them anymore business.

Can anyone recommened another Hotel/Motel in the area other than the two mentioned above as I want to tuck it away in the back of my little brain for next time.

Thanks!!!

We are leaving tomorrow for 5 days in the Gaspe. First 2 nights at the Riotel and last night at Riotel. I hope we find the situation a little better. I will report back upon our return.

We are leaving tomorrow for 5 days in the Gaspe. First 2 nights at the Riotel and last night at Riotel. I hope we find the situation a little better. I will report back upon our return.

We will be going there on Sat. night. If you get a chance to post any helpful info like instructions to get to it, we would be thankful.

3 of us stayed at the Riotel last Sunday night. They have rerouted the trail so that you don't go over the bank, you ride up the side just off of the road up to the side street across from the gas station.

The stay was good and the services were excellent.

Great! Do you know if Francois (Frank) still owns the Riotels.