Cote Nord and Lab loop

RoadRunner

Our Cote Nord/ Lab loop trip starts this coming Wednesday. I plan to get a few picks and adventure reports on when we can. 

The itinerary looks like this, but certainly subject to change based on weather, mechanical and snow and ice conditions.

We have 8 guys going on this trip, 3 from Maine, 2 New Hampshire (603 backcountry),  1 from Mass, 1 Nova Scotia, 1 from Lab.

Feb 22 Wed  Depart Forestville for Sept Isle

Thurs Sept Isle for Havre St Pierre

Friday Havre to Chevery

Sat Chevery to Lance au loop Lab

Sun Lance to Mary's Harbor

Monday Mary's to Cartwright

Tuesday Cartwright to Goose Bay

Wed. Goose to Churchill

Thurs  Churchill to Lab City

Friday/Sat Visit in Lab

Sun Gabriel or Port Carter

Monday Forestville

Hoping for favorable weather, mechanical and riding conditions for sure! 

Happy Trails

RR

Three of the guys, on the crew, lead by early rider, and 3 others, spent this weekend IMG_0467.thumb.JPG.5c4998a227e18fcfbd2743705574998f.JPGIMG_0468.thumb.JPG.fa51cdf074f2be12fdf7ed6f23d4d8f4.JPGIMG_0469.JPG.65ecb3c39475f63b995b46cbd160eef9.JPGexploring the best routes from Lab to Sept Isle, Port Carter or Gabriel.  They went equipped and found lots of snow!

14 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

Thank you Ice, it's been a great snowmobile season for many, and we still have lots more to go!

Absolutely..some of the best riding is yet to come. 

2 hours ago, Cnc said:

As others I will be following along with your reports. The amount of "liquid gold"carryed on the sleighs is impressive.

When The Team Maine crew heads out into the bush with Early rider in the lead, they are usually prepared for most anything! Will keep posted along the way.

RR

IMG_0470.JPG

Sounds like an adventure of a lifetime for some here following along, I included. Youve got my attention.

You've got the best of the best leading and plotting the way RR, it will be exciting no doubt but you guys are in good hands. Have fun and stay safe, I'll be tuning in daily for some adventure.

JG

Hi RR and company.  Another adventure for the books.  Most of can't even imagine what it is like out in the bush and you have only your fellow riders to depend on for anything that could possibly come up.  We wish you the best of the best during the journey.

Jack & Sandi

Edited by revct1

5 hours ago, Trailblazer said:

RR

Is your Nova Scotian participant's name Jean-Guy by any chance?

Trailblazer, Jean Guy is in the group!  how can we beat that, getting led around Lab with Jean Guy and Rob, two of the best Cains Quest racers in recent history. Sure to be a fun, great trip🍻🍻

RR

3 hours ago, RoadRunner said:

Trailblazer, Jean Guy is in the group!  how can we beat that, getting led around Lab with Jean Guy and Rob, two of the best Cains Quest racers in recent history. Sure to be a fun, great trip🍻🍻

RR

Too funny Howard, must be a sign.

i followed him in Cains Quest the year he won.

Had a great day driving up yesterday, roads were mostly dry and bare. The Saguenay fiord  was still there at the river crossing in tadoussac as well lol and we hit the ferry perfectly:yahoo:

603 Backcountry came up a day early and went out for a shakedown cruise around Forestville. They rode up to Le Chenail to see if Benoit was around, as they are not open this year. Benoit was there and glad to see them. The fire was burning nicely in the wood stove. Benoit hopes to be back open next year with a couple of different trail options for getting there

Should be a good "groomed" trail ride today to Sept Isle. We might get spoiled as we suspect groomed trails after Sept Isle will be few and far between. 

Happy trails. RR

IMG_0475.JPG

IMG_0473.JPG

34 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

They rode up to Le Chenail to see if Benoit was around, as they are not open this year. Benoit was there and glad to see them. The fire was burning nicely in the wood stove. Benoit hopes to be back open next year with a couple of different trail options for getting there

Was wondering if they were open or not. Now I know. Thanks for the intel. I could sit and talk with Benoit all day. I like that guy. 

1 hour ago, iceman said:

Was wondering if they were open or not. Now I know. Thanks for the intel. I could sit and talk with Benoit all day. I like that guy. 

He is a great guy and an awesome place to ride outback between Forestville and Valin. We will be back when he opens back up for sure