Hard work.

Shore1066

Hi all. I'm sitting in a condo in Vail watching skiers zipping down the mountain. I was close enough to the lifts yesterday to see that it looks like a young persons sport.  First I helped my wife who has been sking all her life put on her boots. That is hard work alone.  Next a short drive with the family to the slopes.  Have to park and walk to the lifts. Boots are hard to walk in plus you have to carry ski's and pole. I being a good hubby walked her to the slopes and did the carrying. Now when they say it's hard to breathe in the mountains; they weren't lying.  Now to find your car in a parking garage that you thought was on level 1 And  really it was level 3. Lots of walking and not a lot of air. All and all great fun with the family.  Next year we are going to quebec for a snowmobile ride.  Where the air is plentiful and every step isn't uphill. Lol. Having a great time. Just another adventure.  

4 minutes ago, Shore1066 said:

Hi all. I'm sitting in a condo in Vail watching skiers zipping down the mountain. I was close enough to the lifts yesterday to see that it looks like a young persons sport.  First I helped my wife who has been sking all her life put on her boots. That is hard work alone.  Next a short drive with the family to the slopes.  Have to park and walk to the lifts. Boots are hard to walk in plus you have to carry ski's and pole. I being a good hubby walked her to the slopes and did the carrying. Now when they say it's hard to breathe in the mountains; they weren't lying.  Now to find your car in a parking garage that you thought was on level 1 And  really it was level 3. Lots of walking and not a lot of air. All and all great fun with the family.  Next year we are going to quebec for a snowmobile ride.  Where the air is plentiful and every step isn't uphill. Lol. Having a great time. Just another adventure.  

You are preaching to the choir with me anyway. I get it.

Hey whatever works for others. 

We had a new guy on a sled trip once. He never saw a snowmobile before that trip. He says "I ski, the snowmobile has skis how hard can it be?" It was a long week. 

1 hour ago, Shore1066 said:

This made me laugh. I raised 5 boys. Had to teach them all to ski, I figured out by the 3rd one if you give them a little push at the top of the hill the smart ones figured it out pretty quick.

What a gong show getting everyone ready to go to the hill, By the time I got everyone dressed, loaded the Suburban, Sorted skis and pole, boots on etc etc. By the time I had everyone's skis pointed down the mountain I would be so aggravated it would be happy hour before I'd get my sense of humour back.

First of January we went to Panorama B.C. Skiing with 3 of the kids, they are grown up now so much more enjoyable time.

Modern ski boots have a major design flaw. Wife can't get hers on either. Was going to tell her to lose some weight might help, thought better not when she had a ski pole in her hand. I put a wrap of Saran Wrap around her foot and slid into boot much easier.

Only advantage of a ski hill is much better chance of finding some rich old widow that could possibly finance future sledding trips.

Seems like you have to humour woman a bit to do what we really want to do: SLED.

Just last week took my wife to Mont Laurier for a few days to ride. BUT on route we had to stop in Ottawa to skate the  Rideau Canal. For those not familiar with the Canal in the winter they plow and flood 7 km that winds through the down town. Of course the only place could find parking for the truck and 4 place trailer was at the very south end of the canal.

Had to skate up hill the full 7 km to get to the down town center by the parliament buildings, then another 7 km back for 14 km round trip. High  light was stopping at one of the shacks they have right on the ice for some Poutine. If you like skating it actual is a neat experience . 

Well back to packing my saddlebags for next weeks boys trip to the Gaspe

image.jpg

Edited by Fuse6