Helemt Speakers

fredsleds

I have a HJC helmet.  I put in regular, flat helmet speakers that are wired to my phone.  Sounds good at idle/slow speed, but, can’t hear any music when cranking.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the sweet sound my Apex makes, but, some tunes are nice from time to time.  Does anyone know if someone makes noise canceling helmet speakers?  I don’t just want to boost the volume of mine as I’d probably  blow out an eardrum, but, if something would work like Bose speakers do on airplane, to cut down the sled noise and be able to hear the music that would be great.

Bluetooth would be great also especially with an accessory on/off switch that you could put on the handle bars so when you stop you can shut them off when talking to riding buddies and then turn them on when you take off without opening your coat, etc.

I would appreciate any advice or opinions on this.

Fred

Another option is to add an external amplifier to boost the audio signal from your media player.  

Bought this through ebay and it helps with boosting the audio from my phone while on a plane ride.

Edit.  Added link to item bought...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291908238453

This model is self powered, I'm sure powered versions are available.

Not sure if I should do something similar.   Listening to metal while riding might make me feel like I'm participating in a snow cross event.

Edited by hparaptor

We use Sena Helmet Communicators and it connects to my music via bluetooth and I can hear it perfect at all speeds...  There is volume adjustment and when you talk it comes in over the music so you can hear both...

Wouldnt ride without them!!  

I did some research and there is a company called UCLEAR.  They have a great web site. They have Bluetooth amplifiers that can double as communicators.  The really nice thing is for $49 extra, you can get a remote unit that wraps around you handle bar.  The buttons on the remote are large and look like they will work with gloves on. When you stop, you just hit the button on the bar and the music shuts off.  It look really sweet and got great reviews online. I'm going to buy one for our upcoming Gaspe trip and will let you all know what I think of it.