Moose Run to Death

iceman

These are the kind of people who ultimately ruin it for everyone else, they have zero respect for our environment or all the really wonderful people who are enjoying it. If I had it my way they would never ride or register a sled again, loose their hunting and fishing licenses for life and be banned from all public land as well as loose their drivers license as though they had killed a person, for 15 or 20 years!! What I would really like to see I cannot mention here.....%&#*!!? degenerates!! I hope they get caught and sent to jail!!

I am curious if it was hit by a sled or just plain run or chased til it could go no longer, the blood and hair make it seem to be a collision, either way is not good but I would think if it was a collision it would have to of been an accident .

Edited by sprocket

If they ran it down until it died of exhaustion, there may be blood from the lungs.  This is like when humans get congestive heart failure and cough up blood.  Don't know why there would he hair unless it was hit by a sled.

If they did chase it down, maybe they'll be stupid enough to put GoPro video on the internet and they will be caught.  Apt punishment would be to chase them on a trail till they dropped over.

some don t have much genius between the 2 ears !!!

2-3 years ago ...going down long hill for st fidele cb ... i had a moose walking and eating in the darkness on the side of the trail ....lost 1 hrs 15 mins just to give him  the chance to clear the trail slowly !! 

jean-guy

It was not hit it was run down the trail and died of exhaustion. The hair could be them pulling it trying to get it closer to get on the sled to remove it. I do not know. But was not struck and killed. 

Very sad to see...and I will be honest, I was with a group and Groomer, some people thought we should pass the moose on the trail. Jean-Guy told us no. We should stop to let the moose go where he wants. My point is that maybe we should educate people on what to do. Certainly everyone should know not to chase it down the trail...but honestly it was my first encounter and I really didn't know what to do or what the moose might do. 

Very sad for the moose.