first tkme gaspe trip help

Ontariokid95

Hello everyone, my group and I are trying to plan a gaspe trip for the middle of march, trouble is none of us have done the loop before so done help would be appreaciated. We are looking to start from rimouski and do the loop in 4-5 days. Can anyone help me out with places to stay each night, what the best trails are to take and stuff like that? We would like to ride some of Groomers trails and ride through Murdockvile as some of our goals. Thanks in advance

This is the route we are planning on doing . I did a lot of research of all the old posts on here.Received some Input from some of the veterans like  Snowfarmer,SMclelan,Iceman and others.

Many people said the Murdochville to LaCache was a "must do Trail"

For lodging go to Quebectrails.com for some ideas.

I had a couple nights was having problems finding rooms. Called Louise at Quebectrails (speaks very good English)and she had us rooms books in minutes. The only way they benefit is if you buy trail permits from them. So 5 from our group ordered permits and she courier to our starting hotel in Mont Joli.

We are started the loop on Monday Feb 27,  

image.jpg

Edited by Fuse6

39 minutes ago, Phil 1 said:

Nice loop you will enjoy that ride. Don't pass Perce the rock is a great thing to see, local trail East marked pretty well.

Phil, I'm a farmer, I hate rocks but we will still go see the Rock. Wanted to stay at Roland's but they never responded to 2 emails and one phone call. Thinking English may be the issue.

7 hours ago, Fuse6 said:

This is the route we are planning on doing . I did a lot of research of all the old posts on here.Received some Input from some of the veterans like  Snowfarmer,SMclelan,Iceman and others.

I had a couple nights was having problems finding rooms. Called Louise at Quebectrails (speaks very good English)and she had us rooms books in minutes. The only way they benefit is if you buy trail permits from them. So 5 from our group ordered permits and she courier to our starting hotel in Mont Joli.

image.jpg

How many kms is this loop? Also how many days were you planning on doing it in?

My son and I just got back from doing the loop and couple weeks ago. We stayed in Rimouski next to last night of our ride. Going around clock wise our mileage was from Rimouski to Grande Vallee was 240 miles.  Nice little hotel  motel on the water. From Grande Vallee to Perce was 214 miles.  Lots of sites to see.  We did make a short trip in to Gaspe just to say we were there. The rock in Perce is amazing. We did find about 15 miles of rough trail between Gaspe and Perce.  No big deal. Perce to New Richmond was 142 miles. Lots of deer. New Richmond to Amqui 210 miles. We took rt5 to L ALaverne to a orange trail and went north to 5 and then South to 587. If you look at a map you will understand. On 587 catch the first orange trail that goes through Mann Settlement back to 587. The 587 trail is special in my opinion.  Mountains and valleys but still pretty fast. Then it would be easy day back to Rimouski.  The whole peninsula is special.  We been there three times and each time was better than the other. There was only 2 of us and we did ride from 8 30 or 9 to 5 to 6 o'clock.  March will be a lot more daylight for you. All I can say is it is great. I always remember meeting another rider years ago and he told me that Gaspe is as close to being in heaven as it gets.  Hope all this helps.  Be safe.

27 minutes ago, Shore1066 said:

The 587 trail is special in my opinion.  Mountains and valleys but still pretty fast.

Love the 587. One of my favorites. That Orange from L'Alverne too. Very nice. 

It's 1,340 km as shown.

First 3 days are all 320 km (200 miles)  third night will be at the Francis hotel in New Richmond. From there it is 400 km back to trucks in Mont Joli. We have 5 days available if needed. 

Have spend so much time planning this and now we have gone from 5 guys to 8 I would be amazed if the plan goes as planned. It will be the first Gaspe trip for 6 of the group so maybe stopping more for pics etc than people that have been there multiple times.

On 2/24/2017 at 4:54 AM, Fuse6 said:

image.jpg

We'll be starting from Pointe la croix tomorrow and doing about the same loop. May see you out there. Motel nanook in cap chat is the first destination for Monday night.This site is great for trip planning. My first time to the Gaspe too.

Edited by themainer

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 4:54 AM, Fuse6 said:

image.jpg

A bit of info, I have been on the section of 595 that you did not hit (Green Trail) 3 times. Saw Moose there all 3 times. The 597 that Ice mentions is high speed having a blast riding

Edited by Snobeeler

12 hours ago, Ontariokid95 said:

I am leaving this coming Wednesday do to the full gaspe loop, starting from rimouski, is the enough snow coverage on the South shore?

All kinds of snow on S shore after today. We started today at New Richmond heading W on 5. At PLC and N about foot of new snow. Things are beat up really bad now. Lots of snow, lots of traffic and lots of moguls

Edited by Fuse6