Honda Sleds for 2018?

iceman

Found this little write up.

http://www.en-bref.fr/58b06b5fd2b62/motoneiges-honda-pour-2019.html

translation...

Agency sports scene.
According to the Japanese manufacturer Honda, we could be entitled to a brand new 1500cc 2-stroke snowmobile with an integrated gps and a built-in sattelite cell phone (with additional charges) which, according to our journalists, will be THE revolution in the snowmobile world .
Its 19.4 "rear sport suspension and 15.2" front suspension from the acura a osaka factory will make it the most powerful and most comfortable snow vehicle on the market. Its military design clutch is however still silent in what appeal to design details.
According to forecasts of sales, no current company (the big four arctic cat yamaha brp and polaris), would be able to compete with this revolutionary snowmobile prduduite in 2 separate model for the moment either a model 123 "le (tomahawk) And the model of 154 "the (snowripper) ....... for the moment only some lucky and engineers of the Japanese manufacturer could try it in the high mountains of japan.
So let's be patient until the fall of 2018 to see and touch this revolution in snowmobiling.
Good end of season.

Photo shop that's a Yamaha rear idler and a Honda motocross seat with the exhaust coming out the side. This photo has been around a long time.  

As far as the article goes your guess is as good as mine. 

Let's hope it's for real though it would be a game changer. 

this is no suprise at all they developed a four stroke snowmobile years ago,long before yamaha,and it was built to send a message to someone in the industry to back-off.somebody was infringing on other items they had a market interest.and it was for the purpose of sending a message to mess with us?

10 hours ago, Florida Snowman said:

Let's hope it comes to pass!   Honda makes amazing products. Their Honda Jet is finally being delivered to customers.  

1 hour ago, Trailblazer said:

Looks like a cross between a Nitro and a Phazer.

Will be fun to have some new ideas out. 

With the current headwinds facing the snowmobile industry I doubt a company with Honda's market-smarts is going to stick their neck out to enter a market they have no experience in. As was said, these rumors have been circulated before (and often)  without basis or any tangible result. 

57 minutes ago, 800steve said:

1500cc 2 stroke? I dont care who makes it, I dont want it, and im a Honda man.

While there will always be those who swear by the 2 strokes, it is increasingly hard to stick by them when all things are factored in. Premium oil and fuel are not universally available - and that is just the beginning of the considerations for long distance riding.

That would also be a bit of an engineering feat since the 1000cc 2 strokes weren't able to survive when BRP and A/C tried them in the late 90s - early 2000s. Bore sizes/cylinder number makes under hood space and cooling  (already tight) problematic for such a beast. 

3 hours ago, 800steve said:

1500cc 2 stroke? I dont care who makes it, I dont want it, and im a Honda man.

Well when you think about it, this is another indication that the story is bogus. When was the last time Honda made a 2 stroke? They have always been a 4 stroke player even back to the Japanese invasion of motorcycles in the early 60's. Most others were 2 stroke while Honda was 4 stroke.

22 hours ago, hparaptor said:

The link to one of the other articles seems more interesting.   Sorry, wrong forum.

For real, why are we not all serious about art right there?!...

http://www.pause-sport.com/top-32-beaux-body-painting-sport/?utm_campaign=top-32-beaux-body-painting-sport&utm_term=Actualite.co+-+Mobile&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=contentza

Edited by PLAYHARD

2 hours ago, iceman said:

It was on the internet......so it must be true. 

Exactly and if you believe that, Harley is getting back into the snowmobile business with a completely revamped sled from their AMF days.

Just now, Cnc said:

Exactly and if you believe that, Harley is getting back into the snowmobile business with a completely revamped sled from their AMF days.

I heard John Deere is too.

Did I miss something or is that an electric sled? Looks like a stack of lithium ion 2 packs under the seat. Would be nice to see something new and innovative added to the industry. Might be just what is needed to shake things up.

Snappy Hank

1 hour ago, Snappy Hank said:

Did I miss something or is that an electric sled? Looks like a stack of lithium ion 2 packs under the seat. Would be nice to see something new and innovative added to the industry. Might be just what is needed to shake things up.

Snappy Hank

Yup there is a plan, Quebec has plenty hydro power so it is one of the cheapest rates for electricity  in North America. Now they just need charging out lets on the trail side trees.

Edited by Cnc