Trail 20 open?

snowfarmer

Does anyone know if that local trail 20 (orange)is open from just north of Relais La Cache to Carleton-sur-mer ? It's on the paper map but not the interactive map. I remember some members saying this was a nice trail.

Pretty sure that is a No. Tried to check that last two years we were over there, as you say it was on map and was on our GPS but not open. 

Don't know for certain as have not been there this year. But highly doubt it.

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 9:30 PM, snowfarmer said:

Does anyone know if that local trail 20 (orange)is open from just north of Relais La Cache to Carleton-sur-mer ? It's on the paper map but not the interactive map. I remember some members saying this was a nice trail.

Try the very helpful Dale + Louise in Chandler (http://quebectrails.com/1-877-202-4636
or you might PM smclellan. He spends allot of his riding time in that area so might have intel.
I haven't been through that area this year so no help.
Good luck -

Edited by vt_bluyamaha54
misc

Ok I got the scoop ! Not open this year and maybe never. There is a bridge about 3/4 the way up that has collapsed and because it's a local trail and not federated there is no money to fix it. They are hoping and trying to raise the money to fix and or replace and to have it opened next year. Louise said it's hard to tell if they will get the funding.

10 minutes ago, iceman said:

It's been closed for several seasons so far. Don't hold your breath 

Hey I still believe in 🎅🏻 and the Tooth fairy and that I may just win the power ball lottery one day. I'm an optimist what can I say he he ... :) heck if I win power ball I'll donate the money to get the bridge fixed! I want to ride that trail!!

Myself and two others rode this trail last year. We started from the Carlton end of the trail and rode to La Cache. Once we reached the portion of the trail that is shown in dotted on the map, the trail was no longer groomed. For a while it was a bumpy single track with brush hanging over the trail. It eventually got wider but still not groomed. Not marked very well either. There were numerous trails intersecting with sled tracks on them. Probably locals. I used my GPS to keep us going in the correct direction. We were happy when we finally reached Trail 595. I do not know if it is rideable this year.

3 minutes ago, mxsenior said:

Myself and two others rode this trail last year. We started from the Carlton end of the trail and rode to La Cache. Once we reached the portion of the trail that is shown in dotted on the map, the trail was no longer groomed. For a while it was a bumpy single track with brush hanging over the trail. It eventually got wider but still not groomed. Not marked very well either. There were numerous trails intersecting with sled tracks on them. Probably locals. I used my GPS to keep us going in the correct direction. We were happy when we finally reached Trail 595. I do not know if it is rideable this year.

Yeah I won't try it this year ,I'm a groomed trail kind of a guy. Thanks for the report

3 hours ago, snowfarmer said:

Jean -Guy no reply from the club?

hi david !!!

glad you posted...forgot about it!!!

sent a message via fb first time...no reply from them.....then when i saw your message a few hrs ago ....looked for their e mail adress....found it...send another message to them

then...whooops !!! looks like their e mail address is kaputt !!!

best way to know....phone call in chandler i guess !!!

jean-guy

Just now, groomer said:

hi david !!!

glad you posted...forgot about it!!!

sent a message via fb first time...no reply from them.....then when i saw your message a few hrs ago ....looked for their e mail adress....found it...send another message to them

then...whooops !!! looks like their e mail address is kaputt !!!

best way to know....phone call in chandler i guess !!!

jean-guy

Thanks for trying we got the answer!