Not one but two...wtf...

182ray

The only time I ever changed a trailer tire on a trip was on 175 north of L'Etape before 169.  That was very hairy.  I think they widened the road since then.  Funny a SDQ (some kind of police officer) passes by then comes back to put up a warning sign behind us for safety.  The police car pulls up, puts the sign up and out hops an extremely attractive woman who offers to help.  Oui SVP!

22 hours ago, 182ray said:

So Ginger & I got an early start on our last trip to paradise. The miles were passing by quickly & we were on the 20 east bound just before the Madrid exit when Ginger (she was driving) said "oh no we have a flat tire" next thing we heard a pop & now we have two flats on the driver side. She quickly slowed & pulled to shoulder which saved the wheels & fender from damage.

The first thing I do is call AAA which goes to CAA. A very nice English speaking representative tells me the trailer isn't covered but she can still send a rollback. Ok great, she even stays on the line in case she has to translate. Translation is not necessary as the rollback person speaks English & says the truck will be there in 30 minutes. So as were waiting soon there's a woman at the drivers side door asking if we need help. We respond we're OK there's a rollback on the way. She then informs us she's from a trailer dealership less than 3 miles away. Then we notice there's 2 guys with here already verifying the tire size. I have them write their information down & when the rollback shows up I tell the driver take us here. For sure it's not very far & we realize we have seen this place the numerous times we have driven on the 20. Once there the rollback driver says he doesn't want to tilt the bed & risk the trailer falling off because the rollback is almost too narrow for the trailer. No problem since the dealership has a large fork lift for unloading trailers. In my mind I need two tires but Ginger says four, so four it is. The workers roll out the Quebec hospitality & soon we're enjoying some fresh coffee & snacks. Next thing we know they tell us it's all done & ready to go. We pay the bill & pull around to hook up the trailer. It's then we realize they also washed the trailer!!!

The screen shot of Google maps shows a red pin & a blue dot. The red pin is where we stopped & the blue dot is the dealership.

I've been towing trailers since I was 18 is this is the first time I've had one flat let alone two!!!

So if you're on the 20 near Madrid & need service for your trailer I can highly recommend Remorque LeBlanc.

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender(5).jpg

FullSizeRender(6).jpg

FullSizeRender(7).jpg

FullSizeRender(8).jpg

Wish I could be this lucky during a breakdown.  Always carry a spare for the trailer but now you have me thinking about tire reliability. Time to inspect the tires.

Glad everything worked out for you.

Had a close call with a friends trailer, bearing gave out and wheel almost fell off.  Made for an interesting afternoon traveling to/from friends house. 

Edited by hparaptor

23 minutes ago, mikerider said:

Only one thing comes to mind, Ray, when I see two tires out at once.  Spike Mat!   

Just what exactly was Ginger doing when this happened? Did you hear sirens behind you.?

Ginger was driving & I have to give her all the credit for keeping it under control & getting stopped before the wheels and fender was damaged 

She's a great copilot 👍

Looks like the state trooper came in a little hot and heavy to render some assistance?

Have also blown two tires in one trip. One going up and the other coming home, glad I bought another spare before heading home.

Sucks changing the drivers side in the dark on the thruway. Shiting  the whole time with cars whizzing by you. A cop actually stopped on the northbound side and over his loud speaker asked if all right. I'm thinking how about parking behind me so no one hits me!  No such luck

Glad all turned out well considering. More remote places it could have happened....or more high traffic areas like around Quebec City so at least it happened where it did. They seemed more than happy to get you back on the road!