Gaspe 2/27 - 3/9

GT Rider

I tried to post a picture of our route. copy and paste not working.

=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jjh1425/media/Quebec%202017/01%202017_zpsvyqveajn.jpg.html%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/jjh1425/Quebec%202017/01%202017_zpsvyqveajn.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/

Edited by GT Rider

I agree with ice. Special things should be kept between friends. Lol

So I can't seem to post photos with an iPhone. I will have to wait till we get home.

yesterday we took eastern most orange trails out of Matane up in to the dead end orange east of Causapscal. Then we back tracked to the Albertville club house. From there we took 587 down to Matapedia and on to TQ5. We stayed at La Coulee Douce. 

Today we kicked back a notch. 103 miles. We took TQ5 to 587. We went to the radar tower to see the snow covered trees. After we took 579 to Domaine Valga.

the trails were excellent again today. There is a little ride on plowed road on 579. That was the only complaint. We hit a snow squall that stopped us for a short time.It was strange to be in blue sky's and suddenly whiteout.

Mt. St. Pierre tomorrow.

Our crew is in Mont Saint Pierre tonight. Started at Mont Joli this morning. Trail were great once you got out of town. Bit choppy in spots as you would expect after the warm spell. Heading for Gaspe, Perce Rock and Grande Rivière tomorrow 

On 27/02/2017 at 9:49 PM, Fuse6 said:

Our crew is in Mont Saint Pierre tonight. Started at Mont Joli this morning. Trail were great once you got out of town. Bit choppy in spots as you would expect after the warm spell. Heading for Gaspe, Perce Rock and Grande Rivière tomorrow 

Sounds like your with Ledger. Have a great trip and keep us posted. We arrive Sat night in RDL

19 hours ago, GT Rider said:

So I can't seem to post photos with an iPhone. I will have to wait till we get home.

yesterday we took eastern most orange trails out of Matane up in to the dead end orange east of Causapscal. Then we back tracked to the Albertville club house. From there we took 587 down to Matapedia and on to TQ5. We stayed at La Coulee Douce. 

Today we kicked back a notch. 103 miles. We took TQ5 to 587. We went to the radar tower to see the snow covered trees. After we took 579 to Domaine Valga.

the trails were excellent again today. There is a little ride on plowed road on 579. That was the only complaint. We hit a snow squall that stopped us for a short time.It was strange to be in blue sky's and suddenly whiteout.

Mt. St. Pierre tomorrow.

Great hospitality and food at Domaine Valga! Their access road intersects 579 at 2 points if I I remember correctrly. When leaving their yard and traveling the road, you come to a split a short distance from their property where the road goes uphill to the left or straight/right. Taking the right fork hooks up to 579 with far less riding the road.

Edited by vt_bluyamaha54
correction

Excellent, all kind of snow once you get out of the towns on the shore. 

Some trails a bit choppy in spots as the grooming hasn' t caught up from the warm spell. 

Today MSP to to Grande Vallee was good, from Grande Vallee to Gaspe right down to Grande Rivière was groomed and perfect conditions.

Only bad trail is the 16 km trail from #5 that goes to Perce Rock. It was brutal, don't think it seen a groomer in couple weeks. Had to ride standing the whole way it was so  bad.

Thanks for the update. I hope they get that Perce Rock trail fixed up for me.

Are you part of the group riding with Chris and Mike?

Edited by JohnnyB
Correction

Tuesday 2/28. 236 miles.

We leave Domaine Valga ( Recommended ) and take 579 to 578 all good. We get on 5 and it is in need of some tlc. It is thin around Mt Joli. We stop at the Irving in Mt Joli for fuel. The next 10 miles are not good. The trail has some suspension killer moguls. We cross a small bridge and all is well again. The trail into Matane must have been groomed the night before it was fast and flat. After passing the big a frame bridge in Matane trail 5 did not match with my GPS map it had been rerouted. I was planing to go to the Yamaha dealer to see if they had motorcycle rain gear. The trail into the dealer on my GPS was not there. We just kept going. TQ5 was ok on the other side of the bridge out of Matane. On the way to Mt St Pierre TQ5 was a mixed bag. While climbing up hill it can get choppy. We watched the sun set from the overlook at Mt St Pierre. Overall it was a good day.

7 hours ago, Fuse6 said:

Excellent, all kind of snow once you get out of the towns on the shore. 

Some trails a bit choppy in spots as the grooming hasn' t caught up from the warm spell. 

Today MSP to to Grande Vallee was good, from Grande Vallee to Gaspe right down to Grande Rivière was groomed and perfect conditions.

Only bad trail is the 16 km trail from #5 that goes to Perce Rock. It was brutal, don't think it seen a groomer in couple weeks. Had to ride standing the whole way it was so  bad.

Hey Steve , glad things are going alright ! Looks like a little messy weather today but fresh snow for Thursday . Great picture of the rock !

Edited by snowfarmer

GT, yesterday #5 was much better from Grand Vallee east to Gaspe down to Perce compared to the Mont Joli to MSP.

You likely already seen this morning the trail into Perce was groomed last night  if you are headed that way today

13 hours ago, snowfarmer said:

Hey Steve , glad things are going alright ! Looks like a little messy weather today but fresh snow for Thursday . Great picture of the rock !

Are you on your way down. Getting very hard to get rooms on short notice. 

2016 1200 Enduro went down on us today. Had to tow 70 km to Murdochville. Called the rescue service from Mont Joli Motel to bring my truck and trailer to pickup sled and 2 of the crew up.Sled is being looked at in Amqui first thing tomorrow morning. Between calls to HB Cycle back home and the Amqui dealer hoping just needs a reprogram. The rest of us carried on our run Murdochville to LaCache back down 595 to land at Francis New Richmond at 7:00 pm.

When the 1200 dyed we tried all the usual disconnect battery, check fuses, swapped relays with another doo, no go. 

Wade the "Get her Done" guy in our group  backed his New 800 Polaris up to the Doo, Tied the one ski tight to his back bumper and off we went with me running point for him as he was 6 feet wide pulling the sled offset like that. The poor guy that owns the 1200 rode 2 up with someone else.

When we arrived at Murdochville pulled into the Shell for gas. The sled doing the pulling had about 2L left in tank.

Wade is good buddies with his Polaris dealer. I said you better take a pic and send to your buddy. He just smiled and said "I already did"

26 minutes ago, Fuse6 said:

Are you on your way down. Getting very hard to get rooms on short notice. 

2016 1200 Enduro went down on us today. Had to tow 70 km to Murdochville. Called the rescue service from Mont Joli Motel to bring my truck and trailer to pickup sled and 2 of the crew up.Sled is being looked at in Amqui first thing tomorrow morning. Between calls to HB Cycle back home and the Amqui dealer hoping just needs a reprogram. The rest of us carried on our run Murdochville to LaCache back down 595 to land at Francis New Richmond at 7:00 pm.

When the 1200 dyed we tried all the usual disconnect battery, check fuses, swapped relays with another doo, no go. 

Wade the "Get her Done" guy in our group  backed his New 800 Polaris up to the Doo, Tied the one ski tight to his back bumper and off we went with me running point for him as he was 6 feet wide pulling the sled offset like that. The poor guy that owns the 1200 rode 2 up with someone else.

When we arrived at Murdochville pulled into the Shell for gas. The sled doing the pulling had about 2L left in tank.

Wade is good buddies with his Polaris dealer. I said you better take a pic and send to your buddy. He just smiled and said "I already did"

That's a bummer about the sled braking down . Seems like Murdochville is becoming the Bermuda Triangle for a few broke down sleds this year. We are holding off coming down . Leaving next Wednesday from home is the plan.