Gaspe 2/27 - 3/9

GT Rider

On 3/1/2017 at 6:50 AM, Fuse6 said:

GT, yesterday #5 was much better from Grand Vallee east to Gaspe down to Perce compared to the Mont Joli to MSP.

You likely already seen this morning the trail into Perce was groomed last night  if you are headed that way today

Going to Perce today. Hope the trail has hold up. Thanks for the report.

Thats  not good to hear about st Pierre to Gaspe , we r sledding Mont st Pierre to Gaspe today 👎 

Where did ya stay in Gaspe ? This hotel in St Pierre is  brutal ..... hoping for a better sleep 😕 

Edited by Taal

We just bounced down the 7 mile trail to see the rock. Visibility is not good today.

Gemma said TQ5 is rough then we got on the Perce trail and 5 is a dream. We are not whining just calling it like it is. We are happy to be here.

Taal We were booked so I thought at the Caribou last night. Something went wrong with my internet reservation. We had to go to Gaspe to the Hotel Plante.

21 minutes ago, Ontariokid95 said:

How are the trail conditions on the South shore? Quebec trails.com makes the whole gaspe not look to promising right now..

The trails are usually rated risky after a storm.  We've been there and been out snowmobiling only to find out after the fact that they were "closed".   They will be back in shape in a day or two.   

TQ5 was decent from Perce to piston ally (597). From 597 to Hotel Fraser pretty bad. There is good snow on the trails they just need to be groomed. We went 152 miles today. It felt like 1152.

We are going to Murdochville tomorrow via 595.

Note the Multi Gas station on TQ5 was open in Gaspe. I read that it was closed.

We rode from Perce to New Richmond today and at times I thought I would sell my sleds when I get home and do something else during the Winter. I'm hoping tomorrow there will be some trails worth riding but I'm afraid they may have parked the groomers till I load my sleds and go home. I have looked foreward to this trip for a long time and unfortunately the timing must be bad. I can ride trails like this much closer to home at a much cheaper rate. Oh well you win some and you lose some.

12 minutes ago, Js12ren said:

We rode from Perce to New Richmond today and at times I thought I would sell my sleds when I get home and do something else during the Winter. I'm hoping tomorrow there will be some trails worth riding but I'm afraid they may have parked the groomers till I load my sleds and go home. I have looked foreward to this trip for a long time and unfortunately the timing must be bad. I can ride trails like this much closer to home at a much cheaper rate. Oh well you win some and you lose some.

I feel your pain. Sorry it worked out like that on your first trip. A few days from now we will read about fantastic trails. The warm weather kept them parked.

29 minutes ago, Js12ren said:

Yes unfortunate timing, the rain and warm surely has the groomers parked.

5 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

I hope your right GT,  we arrive Sat to start our tour. My back can't take crap anymore.

You can check the FCMQ interactive map for real time grooming. I see that Mt St Pierre to Mt Louis was just groomed. It's 18f here in Chandler hope they get grooming.

When I leave Amqui Monday morning i am just going to check the grooming report and go in that direction no matter where it goes, we have 5 days to ride does not mean we have to do the loop, as long as we ride decent trails , mid week looks like ANOTHER warm up again so that can mess up the plans!!

Thanks GT. 

Have my eye on that. We ride Quebec a lot, first time this far east for a few of us. Five never been, 3 have lots of seat time here.

Fourth trip to QC this season. All have been superb so far

9 hours ago, mcstar said:

When I leave Amqui Monday morning i am just going to check the grooming report and go in that direction no matter where it goes, we have 5 days to ride does not mean we have to do the loop, as long as we ride decent trails , mid week looks like ANOTHER warm up again so that can mess up the plans!!

I would love to do that.

My wife insisted on reservations. I have to keep my riding partner happy.

7 minutes ago, GT Rider said:

I would love to do that.

My wife insisted on reservations. I have to keep my riding partner happy.

I have my wife with me as well but she leaves the planing to me....then she complains if it is a long day!!

I will be on the Eddieskidoo plan....

"Are you where you want to be?"

and "Make your plan as you go"

i will however hang in Amqui for the weekend and then head up to one of my favourite places in Cap Monday morning. Stay a night then decide. 

I hope to see some friends and meet some new faces. Please say hi! 

Lindasledgirl

48 minutes ago, snowfarmer said:

All of us who ride with our special ladies know the motto " happy wife happy life " 

My wife is most happy when I am in Quebec riding... :)