Gaspe 2/27 - 3/9

GT Rider

52 minutes ago, vt_bluyamaha54 said:

Linda - go to:  http://quebectrails.com  Dale + Louise have posted information there for closed trails.

Thanks. I will pass on. 

Been riding Gaspe since Monday. Thursday trails were really getting rough, combination 2 days of snow, warm weather, lots of traffic and wasn't much grooming done for couple days.

This morning we left Amqui heading for Mont Joli to complete our loop. Most of the trails were groomed last night. We wanted full day of riding so we did few loops over to Rimouski, 579,587 etc. In summary we did 280 km having an excellent day. Passed a few groomers during the day. They are getting things back into shape. Fields were drifted today but was soft so fun at times. Looking at the weather I would say by Sunday conditions will be very good. Anyone starting out the next few days doing the loop counter clockwise might be the best option

IMG_1760.JPG

IMG_1761.JPG

IMG_1762.JPG

Edited by Fuse6

OK I'm not selling my sleds! We left New Richmond on freshly groomed trails on our way to Amqui and the riding was as good as it could possibly get. It was cold, the Sun was shining and the trails were mint. We took a few secondary trails and they were even better if that's possible. Today was the best riding I have done in over two years. The amount of snow up here is staggering. Fresh snow everywhere. Tomorrow we will ride back to RDL. So far in 5 days of riding 4 have been great with only one bad. I'm looking forward to our last leg of our trip tomorrow. The best part is I'm riding my brand new sled and I haven't even opened up a side panel. Just add gas and go!

Joe

Friday 3/3 247 Miles

We left Chandler this morning going west on 5. The trail was quite bumpy. We go about 20 miles and see the sign for Les Aigles Blancs and we have fresh groomed trail. We go all the way to New Richmond perfectly groomed trail. We get on 595 the trail is very good. As we approach La Cache it starts getting bumpy. After fueling up we back track to the orange trail to Murdochville. The trail has been receiving high volumes of traffic. It is in bad shape.

we saw a lot of deer today. They were running out of the woods across the trail. Be careful around Port Daniel, Bonaventure and Pin Rouge.

2 hours ago, Js12ren said:

OK I'm not selling my sleds! We left New Richmond on freshly groomed trails on our way to Amqui and the riding was as good as it could possibly get. It was cold, the Sun was shining and the trails were mint. We took a few secondary trails and they were even better if that's possible. Today was the best riding I have done in over two years. The amount of snow up here is staggering. Fresh snow everywhere. Tomorrow we will ride back to RDL. So far in 5 days of riding 4 have been great with only one bad. I'm looking forward to our last leg of our trip tomorrow. The best part is I'm riding my brand new sled and I haven't even opened up a side panel. Just add gas and go!

Joe

What a difference a day makes. We are happy you got some good trails to ride. Good luck tomorrow.

Horray ! We have made it to Gaspe!!! Stoppin for lunch 1f44c.png👌 Such a Ridiculous amount of snow to bust thru but we did it !! 1f600.png😀 My little 600 has Balls , worked the crap out of her !! 😉 

We hit groomed trail after bustin thru about 80 kms around Petit -Cap 👍

Edited by Taal

Saturday 3/4 231 Miles. 

We leave Murdochville headed to La Cache. Like last night the orange trail is pretty beat. We get on 595 and it's nicely groomed. After fuel at La Cache 595 is still great. Then for the first time ever we see a moose. He is in a section of trail where he can't get off. I stopped and he comes toward us I start backing up. He keeps coming. More sleds arrive and he turns around and slowly walks down hill until he can get off the trail (25 minutes). Back to trail conditions 595 great all the way to 5. Then 5 west the next 15 miles choppy. After the 15 miles it's all good to Matane. We stop at the truck and swap out clothes. On to Mt Joli. The trail is groomed and we are making good time. About 10 miles out we get on open farm land and the wind is howling. There are drifts aplenty. All in all a good day.

On 3/3/2017 at 4:26 PM, Florida Snowman said:

Hey Ken,

Is Patsy gone now?

Is Louise the new partner to Dale?

Yes. Don't know what happened but Patsy has not been there for about 4yrs I think but Dale + Louise continue to provide a great service for anyone snowmobiling in the Gaspe. 

Sunday 3/5 255 Miles.

We are in BSL.

We take 578 out of Mt Joli the wind caused drifting but in the woods you can see the trail was recently groomed. We take 5 to 548 to 569 going toward Degelis. Trails are good. On 569 we rode on 2 sections of logging road that was a little thin. From Degelis we take 85 to 548 to 571 to 544 to 565 back to 85. All trails were in good shape. Lastly 85 to Hotel Levesque (Thanks Tom).

Today had the best overall trail conditions of or trip so far. No track hitting the tunnel all day.😃

Monday 3/6 220 Miles.

We leave Hotel Levesque and go west on the local orange Towards Norte-Dame De portage. We take 559 to 5 to 553 and on to 35. At Pohenegamook we get on the lake and it is bare ice. We stop for fuel and back track to 544. Back on 35 to 85 into Degelis.

All trails were in great shape. No complaints.

Tuesday 3/7 205 Miles.

We leave Degelis taking 85 past Cabano. We pass the groomer lake side. The sky is clear. From 85 we take 35 toward Squatec. We take 571 to Trois Pistoles. On the way it starts snowing. I get my photo at the chute and we go to the club house. After lunch we get on 518 the snow is accumulating. Unfortunately I took a detour into a ditch. 2 hours later we are back on the trail headed toward St Fabien we go to the cross and the overlook. On the way back to 518 it starts ice raining. This is my first time experiencing it. What a pain in the neck. We get on 5 toward Rimouski it is slow going with the freezing face shield. We take 5/35 to 579 and arrive at Domaine Valga. 

The trails seemed to be well groomed. All should be ok after this frozen rain passes.