A Sad Day for Yamaha...

iceman

Partnership with Cat was bad enough, now it seems that the APEX is finished. I hope I am wrong, however I do not think so. End of Japan made Yamaha sleds, means I will ride the two I have until I can't no more. Then?  Might have to retire. Could be time to hang up the helmet. Maybe I'll start grooming. 

35 minutes ago, iceman said:

Partnership with Cat was bad enough, now it seems that the APEX is finished. I hope I am wrong, however I do not think so. End of Japan made Yamaha sleds, means I will ride the two I have until I can't no more. Then?  Might have to retire. Could be time to hang up the helmet. Maybe I'll start grooming. 

There's always fat tire bikes & ski de fond....:rofl:

I have a family person who works for a Yamaha dealer and according to him last fall Yamaha told them last fall early this was going to happen.  I think they even gave them a chance to cancel their orders. At least I seen no new snowmobile boxes there this year. They still have outboard motors and atv"s in their yard . Kinda scary with Artic Cat  being bought out by a company that almost ended Polaris years ago and Yamaha going. Only two sled builders look out for the price to go out of site.  This is my opinion. 

2 hours ago, iceman said:

Going to have to start trolling the for sale sled sections and find that " only driven to the La Chappelle on Sundays by a little old lady " Type sled

Edited by snowfarmer

3 hours ago, iceman said:

Apex still available south of the fence...

The Apex is fine if you stay on paved trails sitting down, seen so many burried apex within feet of the trail just sunk and they are Heavy, almost need a tow truck if stuck with bags on...  Many friends that have had them will never go back after riding the new chassis. 

To each their own; some would never get their butt of the seat even to fart, some would prefer to rarely sit down, some do a bit of both... Each riding style has a different type of sled style better meant for their likings...  

Maybe the problem with yamaha is their branding for sleds has gone down since disappearing from the popular snocross racing market for past several years.  The younger generations miss the whole concept of a pristine fit and finish and build quality that has been the norm with Yamaha, they just want the sled with the monster logo on the windshield somewhere that matches Hibbert or Lavalle...  They also miss out on the two stroke market which is still well over 50% of the total market I would guess. 

5 hours ago, iceman said:

Always look forward to the seasons Iceman gets a new machine. It means big snow fall.

I jumped the gun obviousl, on the demise of the Apex. Nice to be wrong on this. I got no problem eating my words. 

I was expecting more than the front shocks coupled together for the 50th anniversary of yamaha sleds. 

IMG_1205.JPG.fed91deb214185080e70ec1f346bc999.JPG

3 minutes ago, blackjack1 said:

i knew you would like that ice,sometime the truth hurts:diablo:least thats what i tell my friends

For sure the Apex is for men not for boys. 

I ride groomed trail in Quebec, there is no sled better for this. Sorry. 

35 minutes ago, iceman said:

For sure the Apex is for men not for boys. 

I ride groomed trail in Quebec, there is no sled better for this. Sorry. 

Maybe a little more rear suspension would help with that bleeding kidney problem?

Edited by 800steve

That was not a groomed trail. More than a week not groomed might as well be no groom.

Yeah for sure but i was on my 13' XTX my 14' XTX with the Star Suspension kit would have been much better. 

Seriously though the way that trail was, I don't care if you had a R-motion, S-motion, or super duper ski doo T motion. You would have had a bleeding kidney too. 

Edited by iceman

10 minutes ago, iceman said:

That was not a groomed trail. More than a week not groomed might as well be no groom.

Yeah for sure but i was on my 13' XTX my 14' XTX with the Star Suspension kit would have been much better. 

Seriously though the way that trail was, I don't care if you had a R-motion, S-motion, or super duper ski doo T motion. You would have had a bleeding kidney too. 

I think we are spoiled. We hit 30 miles of really bad trail last week, and my knees cried loud enough to keep me up half the night. 30 years ago we used to ride that stuff all day on an old indy and think it was fun. Or just old?

Edited by 800steve

Just now, 800steve said:

I think we are spoiled. We hit 30 miles of really bad trail last week, and my knees cried loud enough to keep me up half the night.

I know I am spoiled, i got no problems admitting that. I have much higher expectations every time i ride. For guys who ride south of the border then anything up here is great. For me not so much. I'm a trail connoisseur.