Death today. Very sad

lindasledgirl

A 60-year-old snowmobile died today in the Murdochville area.

The native of the United States was part of a group of 12 people and swerved around 10:30 am on a federated path between Murdochville and Gaspé. The man missed a curve and then hit a tree, according to information gathered by the SQ. The sexagenarian found himself in an unfortunate position in a river at the bottom of a cliff. His companions found him unconscious and the Murdochville firefighters subsequently proceeded with his snowmobile evacuation. The man was taken to an ambulance waiting for him on the roadside, but his death was unfortunately found on the way to the hospital in Gaspé. Reconstructionists collided with the SQ and went to the scene to assess the scene in order to understand the exact circumstances of the event. "At first glance, it does not seem to have criminal elements," concludes the spokesperson of the Sureté du Québec, Christine Coulombe.

Today we were taking orange trails off TQ5 as we traveled east. We get on the orange passed Grand Vallee and there is a man flagging us down. I see a bunch of guys looking over the side of the trail. A guy going down hill into a left turn felt his sled start to tip and he bailed off. The sled went off a 50 ft drop. He was lucky to get off.

I was able to help get the sled with my winch. The sled looked just fine. The snow was deep where it landed.

After the sled was up I mentioned the accident in Gaspe. The guy says the man was part of their group. They were from Ontario. 

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:12 PM, GT Rider said:

Today we were taking orange trails off TQ5 as we traveled east. We get on the orange passed Grand Vallee and there is a man flagging us down. I see a bunch of guys looking over the side of the trail. A guy going down hill into a left turn felt his sled start to tip and he bailed off. The sled went off a 50 ft drop. He was lucky to get off.

I was able to help get the sled with my winch. The sled looked just fine. The snow was deep where it landed.

After the sled was up I mentioned the accident in Gaspe. The guy says the man was part of their group. They were from Ontario. 

Hope it is just odd coincidence their group is having so much bad luck and not their riding style/inexperience(?)
Your winch has come in very handy a few times if I remember right Jim. I am sure the group was glad you came along when you did. Hope their group gets back without further incidents.

10 minutes ago, vt_bluyamaha54 said:

Hope it is just odd coincidence their group is having so much bad luck and not their riding style/inexperience(?)
Your winch has come in very handy a few times if I remember right Jim. I am sure the group was glad you came along when you did. Hope their group gets back without further incidents.

Heard that it is a group of over 100 riders from Ontario doing a ride for charity spread out all over the Gaspe in different smaller groups. At least those were the reports I got.

On 2/28/2017 at 10:40 PM, iceman said:

A 60-year-old snowmobile died today in the Murdochville area.

The native of the United States was part of a group of 12 people and swerved around 10:30 am on a federated path between Murdochville and Gaspé. The man missed a curve and then hit a tree, according to information gathered by the SQ. The sexagenarian found himself in an unfortunate position in a river at the bottom of a cliff. His companions found him unconscious and the Murdochville firefighters subsequently proceeded with his snowmobile evacuation. The man was taken to an ambulance waiting for him on the roadside, but his death was unfortunately found on the way to the hospital in Gaspé. Reconstructionists collided with the SQ and went to the scene to assess the scene in order to understand the exact circumstances of the event. "At first glance, it does not seem to have criminal elements," concludes the spokesperson of the Sureté du Québec, Christine Coulombe.

A friend and I passed by shortly after the this occurred it happened on a hairpin corner where Trail 597 runs along a river. This party had spent the prior evening at the Copper In Murdochville. The party in which he was riding extracted his body from the ravine and he laid deceased alongside the trail covered. A very sad scenario! My condolences to his Friends and Familiy!