Trail update

lindasledgirl

Where Linda's friends are, Grand Vallee, is on the North shore. That area is known for big dumps and high winds making impassible 'snow walls'. Until grooming equipment get out to open things up, multi-day stays in hotels can be the norm. In truth, most anywhere on the peninsula can be challenging because of the winds. A storm of half a foot with the winds can cause big problems for folks making the loop.

Bad accident. We are ok. The train track after you leave club house. We are back to clubhouse waiting for the three guys to give them a drive to cambelton. Their friend went by ambulance and it was a long rescue. Took a long time to get vitals. I am very sad and not sure I feel much like riding. Apparently this guy slid past his friend into the train. Group from Nova Scotia - PEI. 

If we are missing posts we are in the clubhouse and waiting. Jean Guy says he's never seen a sled hit at that track. 

Back soon! 

Linda 😂

20 hours ago, lindasledgirl said:

Bad accident. We are ok. The train track after you leave club house. We are back to clubhouse waiting for the three guys to give them a drive to cambelton. Their friend went by ambulance and it was a long rescue. Took a long time to get vitals. I am very sad and not sure I feel much like riding. Apparently this guy slid past his friend into the train. Group from Nova Scotia - PEI. 

If we are missing posts we are in the clubhouse and waiting. Jean Guy says he's never seen a sled hit at that track. 

Back soon! 

Linda 😂

Awful to hear this Linda. Hope everyone recovers and get home safely. 

The man died. It's been a very emotional day for us and we didn't even know them. But standing together waiting we know that we are family. 

Visor iced up. He was coming down towards track. He passed his friend. 

Very very sad day. We just went riding to camp and we were all slower and more careful. More aware at crossings etc. The wind and drifts are ferocious at times. 

I am very glad to be riding with Jean-Guy.

Hope to see some folks tonight at Selecthotel  

linda

It was great to meet you too and now we have met twice! The loop is fun. It's like there are always friends here. 

Safe travels!