TQ83 up near Barrage Gouin

stupe

Spur of the moment decision to blast up to Barrage Gouin.  Never been there before but I called and they have rooms.  After that, totally winging it so we might go West toward Val d'Or or East toward Roberval.  Or we might head South on 13 and stay at Rabaska or Mekoos, depending on room availability. Are there any sections of 83 (going East or West) I should be worried about?  I'm always hearing about logging or sections not being groomed, etc.  This is one part of Quebec I haven't explored yet.  Also, if there are some "must hit places" (or trails) in that general area I should hit let me know.  I try to avoid the slow twisty stuff.  I know 83 from Relais 22 to Roberval is generally fast.  Looks like some rain coming mid-week so we might be dodging that too.  Part of the reason I'm staying North.  

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I'll respond to my own post. :)  Did a little 3 day spin up to Barrage Gouin.  90% of the trails were a 9 out of 10.  A little thin and icy around Mont-Laurier but everything else was incredible.  Came across an accident on the rail bed (TQ63) East of Mont Laurier.  60 year old Canadian guy vs a deer.  Because it was -5F and he was probably doing 50+ mph, the sled literally exploded on impact.  There must of been a 1000 little pieces of plastic everywhere.  The deer died on impact and the guy probably has some broken ribs but they expected him to be ok.  You can see the deer laying to the left of the trail.

IMG_5722.JPG

IMG_5735.JPG

IMG_5760.JPG

IMG_5762.JPG

Trip.jpg