A great year for sure!

wulsock1

So Dad and I probably had one of if not the best year so far in Quebec!

Starting from the begining we drove to Montmagney from Northern NY the first week of February. Our goal was to make it out to the Gaspe' Pinninsula and make it around the whole loop after trying two other years and not making it one due to not enough time and the other was due to snow storms. well this year we made it. And I have to say it was a great experience! It was everything I have heard. I'm sure there was a bump or two along the way but I just can't seem to remember them! At one point Dad asked me why we would even think about going anywhere else. At that time we had been riding on the best trails we had ever been on in our lives! And that says a lot because we have riden somewhere around 12 or 13 thousand miles in Quebec by that point. A seven day trip and we put on 1521 miles.

Next trip, after a few short talks about where to go for our March trip, which included Dad and I and my three best freinds, it was no doubt we were headed back to Gaspe'. So for me a 13 hour ride from North Carolina to NY then a few hours of sleep and a 9 hour ride in the truck we are in RDL on Friday march 3. Leave RDL Saturday morning and off to Amqui. A little windy but trails a 10 for sure. Sunday a ride south and meet Groomer and Linda and company at the club house. An honor for sure! Leave club house and make the loop on 587 through Metepidia and back up 5 through Amqui up to the Sugar shack in St Paul. At this point we learn that we can stay an extra day!!! WOO HOO! So off to Murdocville via La Cache. Call ahead and learn the Copper only has one room,BUT, they have a house avallible! So we march on across the Chic Chocs. Trail had been groomed the day before and was spectacular! I think we set a time record! Get to the house in Murdocville ans it is very nice! I highly recomend it for a group. I think it had 8 beds. A very nice bathroom and shower. And of course a full kitchen. Next day we are off to Rimouski. A little bit of a long day across 5 through Mt St Piere because of the up and down and turs. And a little bit of freezing rain getting in to Rimouski. Next day back to the truck. Rain,freezing rain,sleet,snow just about everything mother nature could send our way. But every face still had a smile on it! Like Dad likes to say its going to be an Adventure! And that it was. Back to the truck by 11:30 load up and some lunch and home we go! Some where between 950 and 980 miles depending on which sled you went by! Dad and I tallied up 2470 for the year. Well at least I did he was lucky enough to get an early 2 day ride in in January for around 600 miles. Not sure how I feel about my riding partner going without me but he is my dad so I guess it's ok.

Thursday morning in NY (Clayton) dad and I decide its time to go see the dealer. A short talk with the salesmen and our 2015 800 etecs are of the trailer and in the dealers barn and the new 850s will be here in the fall! 

Now I am back in NC after another 13 hours in the truck (Broke it up into two days. Stayed in PA last night) I am sitting here writing this and thinking how great life is and how great it is to have a Dad and friends that love to to do this as much as I do! Next year is TOO far away!

59 minutes ago, blackjack1 said:

and i would say you are one very blessed and lucky girl, and of course your father is a very lucky man and father as well. so nice to hear and share this.:good::good:

Ummmmm sorry Blackjack. Not a girl!!!

im sure my Dad and my buddy's and others will get a laugh out of this so I'll leave it up here!

51 minutes ago, wulsock1 said:

Ummmmm sorry Blackjack. Not a girl!!!

im sure my Dad and my buddy's and others will get a laugh out of this so I'll leave it up here!

I had to re read your first post twice trying to find what made him think you were a girl. I could not figure it out. So i just figured that blackjack was a friend of you guys and knew you were a girl. I guess not. Too funny.

but you are blessed so that is great for sure. Happy you had a great season. Love the dedication to come on up from NC. 

Edited by iceman

ha ha ha, sorry wulsock1,i think it could be my age,OLD,and maybe  i was thinking about more than one thing as i processed your post,cant do both i guess when yourOLD HAHAHA.glad you seen the humour,still think your a lucky guy though.even more lucky if you are getting a new  850 .could have been the wulsock thing:unknw:

11 hours ago, wulsock1 said:

So Dad and I probably had one of if not the best year so far in Quebec!

Starting from the begining we drove to Montmagney from Northern NY the first week of February. Our goal was to make it out to the Gaspe' Pinninsula and make it around the whole loop after trying two other years and not making it one due to not enough time and the other was due to snow storms. well this year we made it. And I have to say it was a great experience! It was everything I have heard. I'm sure there was a bump or two along the way but I just can't seem to remember them! At one point Dad asked me why we would even think about going anywhere else. At that time we had been riding on the best trails we had ever been on in our lives! And that says a lot because we have riden somewhere around 12 or 13 thousand miles in Quebec by that point. A seven day trip and we put on 1521 miles.

Next trip, after a few short talks about where to go for our March trip, which included Dad and I and my three best freinds, it was no doubt we were headed back to Gaspe'. So for me a 13 hour ride from North Carolina to NY then a few hours of sleep and a 9 hour ride in the truck we are in RDL on Friday march 3. Leave RDL Saturday morning and off to Amqui. A little windy but trails a 10 for sure. Sunday a ride south and meet Groomer and Linda and company at the club house. An honor for sure! Leave club house and make the loop on 587 through Metepidia and back up 5 through Amqui up to the Sugar shack in St Paul. At this point we learn that we can stay an extra day!!! WOO HOO! So off to Murdocville via La Cache. Call ahead and learn the Copper only has one room,BUT, they have a house avallible! So we march on across the Chic Chocs. Trail had been groomed the day before and was spectacular! I think we set a time record! Get to the house in Murdocville ans it is very nice! I highly recomend it for a group. I think it had 8 beds. A very nice bathroom and shower. And of course a full kitchen. Next day we are off to Rimouski. A little bit of a long day across 5 through Mt St Piere because of the up and down and turs. And a little bit of freezing rain getting in to Rimouski. Next day back to the truck. Rain,freezing rain,sleet,snow just about everything mother nature could send our way. But every face still had a smile on it! Like Dad likes to say its going to be an Adventure! And that it was. Back to the truck by 11:30 load up and some lunch and home we go! Some where between 950 and 980 miles depending on which sled you went by! Dad and I tallied up 2470 for the year. Well at least I did he was lucky enough to get an early 2 day ride in in January for around 600 miles. Not sure how I feel about my riding partner going without me but he is my dad so I guess it's ok.

Thursday morning in NY (Clayton) dad and I decide its time to go see the dealer. A short talk with the salesmen and our 2015 800 etecs are of the trailer and in the dealers barn and the new 850s will be here in the fall! 

Now I am back in NC after another 13 hours in the truck (Broke it up into two days. Stayed in PA last night) I am sitting here writing this and thinking how great life is and how great it is to have a Dad and friends that love to to do this as much as I do! Next year is TOO far away!

I know just how you feel when I read ...smiles every where. I have ridden 30k plus in Quebec over 3 decades and Of all the trips and places I have gone fishing, hunting, and with my motorcycle nothing has been able to replace that feeling of Quebec trails , all the wonderful people I have met there, and the friendship that that the riders share, it is a very special place, and sport, in a country that welcomes you to enjoy their incredible natural resources, glad you had a great trip. I know you share the passion coming all the way from North Carolina, amazing!!

A very nice write up Wulsock.  Being able to share this sport with others you care about makes it that much better.  Once snowmobiling gets into your blood, you can't get enough of it.  This has been one of the best years in a long time.  You will love the 850's.

Jack & Sandi

Edited by revct1

I have to Chim in Wulsock is one of my best friends and I have to say he and his dad just invited me on this last trip he went on and I had the time of my life I am hooked on Quebec trails. I can't thank them enough for the invite. The trails were perfect I got to spend time with my friends that are more like my family and most of all I got to ride my sled.  Every year I have a date with my friends, our sleds and Quebec trails. 

Welcome to QuebecRider and Quebec trails RiverRat.  If this was your first trip to Quebec, I'm glad your ride went so well.  With a little planning and the weather on your side, there is nothing comparable to riding in Quebec.  Maybe I'm a little bias but in my opinion it is by far the best trail system in the world for signage, grooming, accommodations, scenery, etc.  Look forward to next year and many more to come!

Jack & Sandi