Icemans Season Ender part 1

iceman

29 minutes ago, Trailblazer said:

Gotta love the trails when they are at thier best, today will be a little more challenging guys but not as challenging as Havre, they have sticks and signs in Chalevoix.

2 ft of snow in MTL with lots of wind through the night and still snowing lightly, biggest one we had all winter. 

Okay Ice are you guys camping out at the Faitmont or busting trail to Shawini today?

Trail meeting at breakfast and for the moment we shelter in place.

We got two guys with 3.5 days of riding perfect trails, No experience in deep snow, wind and drifts. Wind is howling here and gotta be some serious drifts and zero vis. Some big ups and downs into and out of Baie St Paul and how do you think it looks on the Powerlines from Baie St Paul to Quebec City? Can we make it most surely but at what cost? Not fun for the new guys. We wait for now. 

Seems Florida Snowman and Scorpionbowl with Marty, decided to give it a go. 

I think they will be back or maybe not. Taking the road was discussed, might not have been a bad idea.....

just here trying to get out of the Hotel Property

IMG_1213.thumb.JPG.401890ad1a90109767a8fc8ec41410b7.JPG

Thats why I'm watching TV deciding what time to have lunch and hit the hot tub. 

That is the one of the reasons we like to put a cushion day into any saddlebag trip.  It is nice to have the luxury of sitting in the hotel for a day if the need arises.  Open up a bottle of vin and sit back planning your strategy for the next day.

Oh!  The lookout Conscrits.  I think that is the name.  You can get to the top of that goat path but it is skinny long uphill ride and if you were to meet someone coming down the trail, well good luck.  As you know, there is hardly a place to get off your sled never mind trying to pass or turn around.  Once you get to the top, there is a tiny turn around area and the view is quite spectacular looking back down into the valley.

Jack & Sandi

Edited by revct1
Lookout

58 minutes ago, iceman said:

Trail meeting at breakfast and for the moment we shelter in place.

We got two guys with 3.5 days of riding perfect trails, No experience in deep snow, wind and drifts. Wind is howling here and gotta be some serious drifts and zero vis. Some big ups and downs into and out of Baie St Paul and how do you think it looks on the Powerlines from Baie St Paul to Quebec City? Can we make it most surely but at what cost? Not fun for the new guys. We wait for now. 

Almost certainly the right choice IMO.
WIND is always the grim reaper in Quebec

6 minutes ago, snowfarmer said:

Did they have that big buffet breakfast this morning? One of the best around !

That's a big 10-4. Very nice. 

4 minutes ago, snowfarmer said:

http://www.maisondubootlegger.com/

I have always thought this might be a cool place to check out ? Grab a taxi it's not to far . There a a bunch of good restaurants in the area.

Need to Come in off sled season cause it closes in December and opens in April, 

4 minutes ago, snowfarmer said:

Ah , need to learn French to find that out ! Dam those wings looked good too!!

lol

Or find the English on the website. lol, but i did read it in french. 

1 hour ago, iceman said:

Seems Florida Snowman and Scorpionbowl with Marty, decided to give it a go. 

I think they will be back or maybe not. Taking the road was discussed, might not have been a bad idea.....

just here trying to get out of the Hotel Property

IMG_1213.thumb.JPG.401890ad1a90109767a8fc8ec41410b7.JPG

Thats why I'm watching TV deciding what time to have lunch and hit the hot tub. 

Yamaha don't float to well!!! Soon as you feel it beginning to sink give it full throttle. :vava:

2 hours ago, Trailblazer said:

...they have sticks and signs in Chalevoix.

Live feed: Florida Snowman having a go from here at Le Manoir Richelieu with Scorpionbowl & Party-Marty:

IMG_2395.thumb.jpg.ebf536067a825fdbf5bd17657e57639e.jpg

We await their safe return for a "trail meeting". 

14 minutes ago, PLAYHARD said:

Live feed: Florida Snowman having a go from here at Le Manoir Richelieu with Scorpionbowl & Party-Marty:

IMG_2395.thumb.jpg.ebf536067a825fdbf5bd17657e57639e.jpg

We await their safe return for a "trail meeting". 

True die hards....gotta give'm dat.

Looks a little like what we went through a couple weeks back.