Power lines

doo4adoo

Wondering if anyone has a link, details  or stories of the hydro lines more specifically around Clova area. I believe some go towards Chibogamo which is what I would like to consider maybe next year   

Any thoughts on this is appreciated. 

Thanks 

Mike

At Martins she says folks take them.  Issue is you have to ask a lot of questions from folks that have done it.  On any of these missions no matter the gas and such you reach the point of no return.  Be also nice to know if there are any life threatening obstacles on the way.  There are always locals with a little kindness that will share tracks and information with you.  We have connected many trails together with power-lines and summer roads, but not this one.

11 hours ago, markusvt said:

At Martins she says folks take them.  Issue is you have to ask a lot of questions from folks that have done it.  On any of these missions no matter the gas and such you reach the point of no return.  Be also nice to know if there are any life threatening obstacles on the way.  There are always locals with a little kindness that will share tracks and information with you.  We have connected many trails together with power-lines and summer roads, but not this one.

Thanks

Yes that's what I'm starting to do, ask the questions. I figured some great QuebecRiders here have ventured out and could tell us the secrets. I hate being first well at least for this type of fun.

I will try Dominic as well when I have a chance.

Thanks

It is definitely doable, I have been in a ways from both ends but not connected all the way thru.  I do know there are areas that you will have to get off the power line and go around due to geography.  Plan on going with a couple of sleds, you will want something long track minimum 2" lug, pack spare fuel, shovel, a saw to cut limbs/trees, some food, matches, axe, gps's.  Now is the time to do it with longer days, warmer temps and the snow set up more.  Good luck be careful.

I spoke to Dominic today. He says take the single lines by Martins. It's roughly 250km. Not sure if from Clova or Martins. He says hes done it and its not a bad run whatever that means.  Something to consider for next season 

also said that trails are good but likely closing up in another 2 weeks. Expecting snow early week and will groom after but that will likely be it for tne season. Called Balbuzard and clsoing after this weekend but will be available for gas