Gaspie or Saguenay? next week.

dooOver

Me and two buddies are leaving Sunday to head to either Gaspie or Saguenay Qubec to ride for 3 days. We were originally planning on going to Gaspie but not sure how the trails are. It seems like Saguenat might have more snow? Better trails? We'd rather do the Gaspie if its good. We are coming from Maine, planning on doing another 3 days riding in the county on the way back, but it the riding is awesome we might just ride more in Quebec. 

Any recommendations? 

Thanks!

DooOver see link attached http://fcmq.viaexplora.com/carte-motoneige/indexen.html click services in upper right corner then click groomer delay and zoom in on the areas you want to cover.  

By all accounts both are good. I'm debating the same thing myself. Rode south side a couple of weeks ago. Ck RDL thread for update. I'm leaning North Shore this time as its a shorter drive for me. Universal hotel in Riviere Du Loup is a great spot to take off from.

Enjoy ur trip

Gowser

16 hours ago, gowser said:

DooOver see link attached http://fcmq.viaexplora.com/carte-motoneige/indexen.html click services in upper right corner then click groomer delay and zoom in on the areas you want to cover.  

By all accounts both are good. I'm debating the same thing myself. Rode south side a couple of weeks ago. Ck RDL thread for update. I'm leaning North Shore this time as its a shorter drive for me. Universal hotel in Riviere Du Loup is a great spot to take off from.

Enjoy ur trip

Gowser

Awesome thanks for the info! I had no idea about that! 

16 hours ago, Scranton1 said:

Gaspe has excellent conditions we are currently in Amqui on the tail end of a 1000 plus mile loop

check out the thread under the Gaspe section

Will doo thanks! 

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 0:27 PM, dooOver said:

Me and two buddies are leaving Sunday to head to either Gaspie or Saguenay Qubec to ride for 3 days. We were originally planning on going to Gaspie but not sure how the trails are. It seems like Saguenat might have more snow? Better trails? We'd rather do the Gaspie if its good. We are coming from Maine, planning on doing another 3 days riding in the county on the way back, but it the riding is awesome we might just ride more in Quebec. 

Any recommendations? 

Thanks!

I would go with Gaspe, they seem to have the most amount of snow and long range forecast looks great!

Check out the link below to see snow depth in both areas:

http://www.nohrsc.noaa.gov/interactive/html/map.html?ql=obs_overlay&zoom=&loc=45.67+N%2C+63.47+W&var=ssm_depth&dy=2017&dm=3&dd=24&dh=18&snap=1&o5=1&o6=1&o9=1&o12=1&o13=1&lbl=m&o7=1&mode=pan&extents=us&min_x=-74.625000000002&min_y=42.908333333329&max_x=-59.29166666667&max_y=51.533333333329&coord_x=++-63.47&coord_y=+++45.67&zbox_n=50.603749999995664&zbox_s=45.639583333329&zbox_e=-63.383750000002976&zbox_w=-74.57708333333534&metric=0&bgvar=dem&shdvar=shading&width=800&height=450&nw=800&nh=450&h_o=0&font=0&js=1&uc=0

Edited by Carman