Team Iceman's Season Ender part 3

iceman

PLEASE don't tell anyone about the orange trail over Carlton!

Seriously, this loop bounces our fav (the 587) down to JV...

IMG_20170325_165642.thumb.jpg.a8b4dcd58d35a0a260117d75cba6ae44.jpg

IMG_20170325_164554.thumb.jpg.61fc927f1ddb5fffbd492f6d9d49ec9a.jpg

IMG_20170325_160023.thumb.jpg.ec9c839d15c8fb12ba82527f42ac1d2a.jpg

Keep on truckin up to La Cache if you like!...

IMG_20170325_155940.thumb.jpg.a75339620f63c741fac4bda1385f884e.jpg

You could land a plane up in here. We did our best to take flight (cue NHmoose video)...

IMG_20170325_160213.thumb.jpg.b10acb47b37546577dd0bd38201fe087.jpg

8 minutes ago, smclelan said:

Good to see, I had been hearing the trail from the airstrip to La Cache was closed.  Maybe there is hope it is groomed all the way through.

Its marked as a VTT trail 313 with blue stakes. Thinking its not for sleds. Well technically speaking. 

hi all !!!

just too bad we missed !!!

last 3-4 weeks have been very busy !!! at least you have awesome weather for you !!!

funny ,the pics with don putting sticker on the sled !!! great thinking taking pics !!!

just back from a drive taking pics...saw them about 3 weeks ago !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0005 (6).jpg

DSC_3980.jpg

DSC_3981.jpg

DSC_3991.jpg

DSC_3993.jpg

16 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

I'll let ya know Monday! If the trail to Perce's is rough I'm commandeering Blue Thunder to run a Gaspésie Freshman in for the photo of the rock!

Trail to Perce was good the other day and it now runs along base of mountain with access to new platform and trail to summit. No more scratching through town. 

This is probly a stupid question but while watching the video, why does the rider's head never move with the sled. I've noticed this on other videos I don't 

understand it. 

18 hours ago, iceman said:

blackjack1 the front shocks on my sled make a big difference too. 

DSC04596.thumb.JPG.05d8ea16bcc4233d612b4c84f68bfac4.JPG

thanks ice,i had a few srx's,so i am familiar with the ohlins,that company star is in the south there correct?thanks for the reply.loving your adventure enjoy.hope u let playhard give it alittle go,haha,get his take on it.i know you have both ice-man,more opinions the better:good:

Day 4 Sunday

Great stay at Baie Blue and excellent food at the Pub St. Joseph as always. Another blue sky full sunny day not a cloud in the sky. East on TQ5 its flat and lovely we are happy campers. Running east we arrive in New Richmond and top off our gas. Then its up 595. Trail is like the others all flat and just delicious. Not far up all I can say is "oh Deer!" Must have seen close to 30 deer some kind of convention going on over here. I catch 2 locals out for a Sunday ride, tgey give way and we all get by. Super trail all the way to La Cache. We arrive there before noon. I am alone when I arrive, i chat with the guy working there he says all done here April 2 he says they may extend it but he is not sure. Don't count on it. I get gas then the others arrive. Along with about 6-8 sleds coming up from the North Shore St Paulin side. Then 4 more, then another 3. Wow! Most sleds we seen all week but it's sunday and gorgeous out. Plan is down 595 to Relais St Paulin then back up to La Cache. At the first warming hut past La Cache on 595 we come to the trail back to Carleton to the Airstrip. Quick discussion and we decide it's basically the same distance whether we go down 595 and back or take the orange to tge Airstrip and back. We start down the orange. It's quickly apparent this trail has not been groomed in a long long time its drifted and very bumpy. Sorry but life is too short to commit to this trail knowing how nice 595 is. So we swing around and back to 595 and we head north for the Relais. Part way down and I have a close call. I just don't understand how these people remember to breathe. What is with keeping left in a turn no less. Two up his lady see's me before he does he is taking in the scenery. She is hitting him on the shoulder and he looks up to see me i'm in the sticks trying to avoid this jackoff. Very close to crossing skis. I am not amused in the least. I almost swing around to ask him if he ever heard of riding on his side. Damn man for sure not the biggest trail i seen but lots of room for two. Ridiculous shit. I swear there are alot of these people up here who ride the middle and thats it. Crazy, just not sure how they survive,  down into lunch at the Relais. Just a few people here not too many i am surprised. After lunch is a repeat run but the opposite direction back up to La Cache. Its gonna be tight on gas but we go knowing we got extra. We know the trail is good. I sail back up to the pump with 198 km on the tank still running. Gotta luv that. We all get gas and head out its time to head for Murdochville on the Sentier Chic Choc. Beautiful blue skies have made for outstanding views all day and now we are getting quite the views here no exceptions. Just gorgeous. Even i take a few minutes to slow down and look around. Ok I had enough of this sightseeing time to hammer this out. Into Murdochville and i wait. Takes a while but the guys roll in. Slight issue with Playhard seems a piece of his track has torn off. Not looking good. Into Motel Copper. 
287 miles today. 

Making arrangements now with Jaque here in Motel Copper. We have options. Working it out. We will manage.